| FTBL 6 drives 23 yards in 25 plays

bamafan9201

That's the stat line for the middle of that game on offense. That, and penalties are why the game was so close. I don't think we'll ever go 6 drives in a row with that little production from Bryce in a game ever. He definitely didn't get help from WR or BoB on a few of those plays but the OL let him down and we refused to grind with the RBs when we were having issues getting started we needed to be ahead of the chains.

Haven’t gone backand watched game.....did 4th quarter...
Need to see what was going on...

On BYs run after escaping sure sack...in 4th ....on critical drive....
Bama got by with an obvious hold....right in front of refs...
Shocked it wasn’t called...

I remain so incredibly frustrated with BoB's playcalling. Some will say that we had a high points per game average last year, but the points are not consistent and they are padded by the blowout wins. He shows very little creativity in plays to put our players in optimal position. Things like pre-snap motion, formations, counters, sweeps, screens, roll-outs, QB sneaks/scrambles (I know some of this is on BY), etc. We also show very little tempo/rhythm and "urgency" in getting out of the huddle, getting to the line, and getting the ball snapped. We also have so many long-developing pass plays that force the oline to hold pass pro longer and that typically results in more pressure on BY. How about some quick hitches, crossing routes, and slants to offset the pass rush? How about some design scrambles? Those things will back off the pass rush a bit. And for the love of Pete, stop calling that useless bubble screen on first down. The entire planet knows what's coming at this point. It's not only like wasting a down, but it's like wasting a down and giving up 2-3 yards - 2nd and 12, wonderful.

Bama has 2 weeks to work with the best 50-55 players to get them ready. I would suggest Bama stop trying to return kickoffs and just allow the ball into the endzone and start at the 25. We can't get back to the 20 and then the block in the block makes it worse.

Buster Brown and ULM shouldn't be a problem nor should Vandy but the practice time before The Hogs/A&M/UT is so important. Hopefully receivers will step forward as well as the DB situation. JMO Ricks will opt out at some point this season and that might not be a bad thing for the team.

Bama has 2 weeks to work with the best 50-55 players to get them ready. I would suggest Bama stop trying to return kickoffs and just allow the ball into the endzone and start at the 25. We can't get back to the 20 and then the block in the block makes it worse.

Buster Brown and ULM shouldn't be a problem nor should Vandy but the practice time before The Hogs/A&M/UT is so important. Hopefully receivers will step forward as well as the DB situation. JMO Ricks will opt out at some point this season and that might not be a bad thing for the team.
I’ve kinda wondered about that myself. Pre-season all-everything pick. Never can tell how stuff like this works out.

Haven’t gone backand watched game.....did 4th quarter...
Need to see what was going on...

On BYs run after escaping sure sack...in 4th ....on critical drive....
Bama got by with an obvious hold....right in front of refs...
Shocked it wasn’t called...

They got by with a pass interference and unnecessary roughness flags that weren't penalties, so lets call it even.

The thing I did not like was the fact the refs changed their way of calling the game halfway through. They let the guys play in the first half, but then started being tit for tat the rest of the game. The game had way too many penalties overall. The offsides by Anderson three times, is inexcusable.

The lack of offense, especially in the run game is disturbing. The passing game is suffering because we are trying to throw too many deep passes and not using the quick slants or the TE. Hopefully, the kinks get worked out soon. I find it hard to believe we cannot find 5 guys on the OL that can do the job. If guys are not performing, put other players in that are dying for a chance to play.

There was a lot of hype about Nick taking the 4 portal players, but it appears we're going to be 2 of 4 when the dust settles. Batting 500 is great and really better than what you get from recruiting most of the time.
I still have hopes for Harrell (and Ricks). It’s a long season & sometimes it takes a while for everything to “click”. We’ll see when Harrell gets back from his injury.
Hope for the best, plan for the worst!

There was a lot of hype about Nick taking the 4 portal players, but it appears we're going to be 2 of 4 when the dust settles. Batting 500 is great and really better than what you get from recruiting most of the time.
Yea, can't really fault Harrell for being injured. He could still work out. Ricks is a surprise, I thought for sure he'd come in and beat out some people for a spot...of the choices thought he was most likely to succeed.

I remain so incredibly frustrated with BoB's playcalling. Some will say that we had a high points per game average last year, but the points are not consistent and they are padded by the blowout wins. He shows very little creativity in plays to put our players in optimal position. Things like pre-snap motion, formations, counters, sweeps, screens, roll-outs, QB sneaks/scrambles (I know some of this is on BY), etc. We also show very little tempo/rhythm and "urgency" in getting out of the huddle, getting to the line, and getting the ball snapped. We also have so many long-developing pass plays that force the oline to hold pass pro longer and that typically results in more pressure on BY. How about some quick hitches, crossing routes, and slants to offset the pass rush? How about some design scrambles? Those things will back off the pass rush a bit. And for the love of Pete, stop calling that useless bubble screen on first down. The entire planet knows what's coming at this point. It's not only like wasting a down, but it's like wasting a down and giving up 2-3 yards - 2nd and 12, wonderful.

Going from Sark to BOB has been like going from Kiffin to Daboll or going from the penthouse to the outhouse. He is a terrible playcaller.

They got by with a pass interference and unnecessary roughness flags that weren't penalties, so lets call it even.

The thing I did not like was the fact the refs changed their way of calling the game halfway through. They let the guys play in the first half, but then started being tit for tat the rest of the game. The game had way too many penalties overall. The offsides by Anderson three times, is inexcusable.
Bama had 11 penalties in the 1st half and 4 in the 2nd. Not sure that alignes with them letting them play in the first half.

Back
Top Bottom