| BSB/SB ⚾#23 Alabama vs. Ole Miss; Bama takes series with 10-3 Saturday win.

What is his style? I do not know baseball well at all, but I read he's just an analytical guy and had some really good offenses at Maryland.

In short, grip it and rip it. Some guys (Vitello too for example) don't really like doing sacrifice bunts because it gives up an out which goes back to analytics you mentioned. They feel like it hurts in terms of taking them out of a potential big inning. His style is basically opposite that of Kentucky's coach, who is extreme to the other end. I will say at times this year, Vaughn has called them, so it's not like he never does it. But early in the game like that, it would be very rare to see him call for the bunt.

In short, grip it and rip it. Some guys (Vitello too for example) don't really like doing sacrifice bunts because it gives up an out which goes back to analytics you mentioned. They feel like it hurts in terms of taking them out of a potential big inning. His style is basically opposite that of Kentucky's coach, who is extreme to the other end. I will say at times this year, Vaughn has called them, so it's not like he never does it. But early in the game like that, it would be very rare to see him call for the bunt.
Gotcha, so just long ball. I like having someone with an actual approach now and is stubborn about it.

We need some more consistency at the plate and definitely need better arms. Hope Vaughn can be a good recruiter.

Back
Top Bottom