| GAME THREAD 🏈 2022 - '23 Bowl Season 🏈 Game(s) Thread

If this is the last college football game I watch? "Goin' out on a good note." Admittedly, it's like watching the North Christian Episcopal Crusaders vs the South Anglo Orthodox Bishops but it still just good, no frills, football.

NDSU is up by 17 going into the half over SDSU and "knocking on the door."

If this is the last college football game I watch? "Goin' out on a good note." Admittedly, it's like watching the North Christian Episcopal Crusaders vs the South Anglo Orthodox Bishops but it still just good, no frills, football.

SDSU is up by 17 going into the half over NDSU and "knocking on the door."
FIFY

Todd Monken is the next head coach of _____
I'd say what he has been able to accomplish with Stetson Bennet at QB and some sub-par receivers is nothing short of spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching at a high profile place next year. He's definitely been a wizard of offensive play calling lately, will be interested if Georgia's staff finally starts having some issues with constant turnover much like Saban's staff does.

I'd say what he has been able to accomplish with Stetson Bennet at QB and some sub-par receivers is nothing short of spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching at a high profile place next year. He's definitely been a wizard of offensive play calling lately, will be interested if Georgia's staff finally starts having some issues with constant turnover much like Saban's staff does.
LA Rams with Stafford.

Haven’t been able to watch any of the game yet, but looking at the stats… Stetson is the man again. He’s going to cement his legacy tonight. Join McCarron as the QBs to win 2 NCs as a starter the last 25+ years.

I will say, IMO, a 12 team playoff will stop some of these types of matchups. It will make a team that does pull an upset make them earn it by playing more than 1 game in the playoffs.

Michigan? Probably not, but they could do worse if Harbaugh bolts this month. Been very impressed with Monken at UGA... I think at times this year he has sort of forgotten about his biggest weapon in Bowers, but maybe he had a valid reason for it. He's definitely using him well tonight.

I will say, IMO, a 12 team playoff will stop some of these types of matchups. It will make a team that does pull an upset make them earn it by playing more than 1 game in the playoffs.

The biggest thing I hate about the expanded playoffs is the injury impact. I know injuries are a part of the game and you have to overcome them... but after what's already a long season, especially for SEC schools... guys aren't 100%. We saw key Bama players drop like flies last year, and even at the end of 2020. There's going to end up being top ranked teams that lose their best player(s) in the early round games and have it cost them. Everyone will have to deal with it, but it won't be fun if/when it happens to "our" team.

The biggest thing I hate about the expanded playoffs is the injury impact. I know injuries are a part of the game and you have to overcome them... but after what's already a long season, especially for SEC schools... guys aren't 100%. We saw key Bama players drop like flies last year, and even at the end of 2020. There's going to end up being top ranked teams that lose their best player(s) in the early round games and have it cost them. Everyone will have to deal with it, but it won't be fun if/when it happens to "our" team.
Yep...I see that too, but its exactly What theyll face in the NFL on a 17 game schedule and the playoffs if your on a good team...NFL is seeing that this year themselves...lot of the playoff teams are limping in.

Back
Top Bottom