| GAME THREAD 2020-2021 CFB Playoffs and Bowl Games

Saw list.....really none are exciting exceppt playoff-teams

1. Cure Bowl
Saturday, December 26
ESPN, 12:00 pm
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL
Liberty vs Coastal Carolina

I don’t want to hear it, you two. The pressure is on to be the best game of the 2020-2021 bowl season, and darn it if this doesn’t have the makings of something amazing.

Yes, Coastal Carolina, you deserve a big bowl stage against a big-name program. Yes, Liberty, you were a blocked field goal against NC State away from being everyone’s darling. Use that disrespect and give us a classic.

I know everyone fawns over Cincinnati, but these two have a real claim to being among the best non-Power Five programs, and they’re going to put on one wild show.

1. Cure Bowl
Saturday, December 26
ESPN, 12:00 pm
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL
Liberty vs Coastal Carolina

I don’t want to hear it, you two. The pressure is on to be the best game of the 2020-2021 bowl season, and darn it if this doesn’t have the makings of something amazing.

Yes, Coastal Carolina, you deserve a big bowl stage against a big-name program. Yes, Liberty, you were a blocked field goal against NC State away from being everyone’s darling. Use that disrespect and give us a classic.

I know everyone fawns over Cincinnati, but these two have a real claim to being among the best non-Power Five programs, and they’re going to put on one wild show.

ok....if you say so....
Florida vs Ok was my highest pick

Liberty and Coastal Carolina is a dumb matchup. Here was the committee's chance to see if these teams could hang with the bigger teams, allow the rest of the country to see, especially considering they had great seasons, and they pitted them against one another still leaving the unanswered question if they belong. The Boise State-Oklahoma game was a step in the right direction and it doesn't appear it went any further than that from a decision standpoint. Georgia and Cincinnati is a fun matchup. Coastal Carolina against Auburn, Indiana, Ole Miss, Northwestern, Kentucky, NC State would have been better matchups in my mind. I'm sure bowl tie ins are causing some of the trouble, but I still feel like this was a big miss and could have given the players something more, and their fans. Coastal Carolina fans would have travelled.

Liberty and Coastal Carolina is a dumb matchup.
It's a great matchup for both communities and the surrounding areas...a lot of talk about CCU the last few days. I've seen quite a few UofSC fans excited about the game; more than their's with UAB. Clemson as well.

To me, this looks like a great ball game.

Even in the blowout that was a hell of a game last night. Camerun Peoples had a HELL of a night: 5 TD's on a little over 20 carries: 300 yards+. Beautiful thing to watch.

Both games tonight are going to be good ones.

thought you didnt like blowouts?
or just the potential in playoff games....?
You confuse me sometimes... ( more than some sometimes)

thought you didnt like blowouts?
or just the potential in playoff games....?
You confuse me sometimes... ( more than some sometimes)
What's confusing about the caveat, blowout, and the attention pointing to an individual having a record night? Seeing a running back having that kind of a game is, with no doubt, a beautiful thing to watch. This is no different than several of us commenting on Buffalo's game with Kent State. They won that game by 29 and the story wasn't the score, it was Jaret Patterson. Eight touchdowns, over 400 rushing yards in a blowout. And, a beautiful thing to watch.

In a sense, no different than watching Alexander in Baton Rouge.

What's confusing about the caveat, blowout, and the attention pointing to an individual having a record night? Seeing a running back having that kind of a game is, with no doubt, a beautiful thing to watch. This is no different than several of us commenting on Buffalo's game with Kent State. They won that game by 29 and the story wasn't the score, it was Jaret Patterson. Eight touchdowns, over 400 rushing yards in a blowout. And, a beautiful thing to watch.

In a sense, no different than watching Alexander in Baton Rouge.
Got it...( not really...)....

Thought that game was weeks ago......
confusion.....
Did you rewatch osu and nw...running back had record nigh?

It's a great matchup for both communities and the surrounding areas...a lot of talk about CCU the last few days. I've seen quite a few UofSC fans excited about the game; more than their's with UAB. Clemson as well.

To me, this looks like a great ball game.

Sorry, I shouldn't have worded it that way. They had a killer year and during a very difficult year. They scheduled last minute with BYU and they won that game. I felt they deserved a shot at a bigger program in efforts of seeing what they've got. The committee had a chance to finally pit them against a team that has a name, and they failed to do so. If they beat Liberty you're still wondering could have have played with a mid tier SEC, ACC, Big 12 or Big 10 school. If they played an Auburn, Texas, Northwestern etc you atleast find out if you made a mistake or the right choice not letting them play in a bigger bowl. It was a chance for the committee to silence some people and they failed to do so and while doing it put in two and three win teams that Coastal Carolina would have matched up better with rather than filling holes.

Liberty and Coastal Carolina is a dumb matchup. Here was the committee's chance to see if these teams could hang with the bigger teams, allow the rest of the country to see, especially considering they had great seasons, and they pitted them against one another still leaving the unanswered question if they belong. The Boise State-Oklahoma game was a step in the right direction and it doesn't appear it went any further than that from a decision standpoint. Georgia and Cincinnati is a fun matchup. Coastal Carolina against Auburn, Indiana, Ole Miss, Northwestern, Kentucky, NC State would have been better matchups in my mind. I'm sure bowl tie ins are causing some of the trouble, but I still feel like this was a big miss and could have given the players something more, and their fans. Coastal Carolina fans would have travelled.
Auburn vs Northwestern pretty bad too..... it's gonna be the Valspar Paint Drying Bowl or maybe the Scott's Fertilizer Watch Grass Grow Bowl. :p

If they beat Liberty you're still wondering could have have played with a mid tier SEC, ACC, Big 12 or Big 10 school. If they played an Auburn, Texas, Northwestern etc you atleast find out if you made a mistake or the right choice not letting them play in a bigger bowl
Considering Liberty was 2-1 against P5 schools I don't see that as a question. That's a 9-1 team getting a shot at a G5 school who happens to be ranked this season. (If you recall that loss to NC State was by a point and they were a failed two point conversion attempt away from going to OT with a few minutes left in the game. Literally, played them head to head.)

It's interesting listening to the talk about a G5 playoff. I'm all for the separation and found this to be pretty similar to what we see in P5. Two teams, clearly better than the crowd, and the next level down is a touchdown dog, or more.

1. Cincy
  2. Coastal
  3. BYU
  4. Louisiana.
We'd be looking at Cincy -9, give or take a point, versus Louisiana. It would be about the same for BYU vs Coastal. If we go with the chalk that Cincy vs BYU game would have Cincy with about half of a point maybe as high as a point and a half.

Back
Top Bottom