| FTBL 2008-2009 Season

ACL11190

Verified Member
Do you guys think this will be another rebuidling year considering all of the young talent??....Or do you expect next year to be a strong season??

Was just wondering because without Hall, Brown, Gilbery etc it might be difficult next season.

I was also wondering if we have recruited a potential NT for next season???? Because NT is the base of the 3-4 defense really

Conference schedule will not be our friend.

ROAD games at Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU will all be brutal. ROAD game at Arkansas will not be a cupcake either - but hopefully both McFadden and Jones will be gone.

Trade out Vandy for an up-and-coming Kentucky squad and Auburn at home.

We will lose an awful lot of very experienced and talented WRs too (Hall-Brown-Caddell).

Another 8-4 type season would not be a major disappointment.

I give the team 2 years to settle the dust on the "new" program with all the new talent coming in. But who knows. I just want to focus on ending this season with a nice W against you know who 8)

ACL11190 said:
Do you guys think this will be another rebuidling year considering all of the young talent??....Or do you expect next year to be a strong season??

Was just wondering because without Hall, Brown, Gilbery etc it might be difficult next season.

I was also wondering if we have recruited a potential NT for next season???? Because NT is the base of the 3-4 defense really

We'll have to wait and see what Terrence Cody decides. He's a JUCO player we have on our list who is coming in at 6-5, 390. If we don't get him, we'll be relying on young players.

alagator said:

ROAD games at Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU will all be brutal. ROAD game at Arkansas will not be a cupcake either - but hopefully both McFadden and Jones will be gone.

We will lose an awful lot of very experienced and talented WRs too (Hall-Brown-Caddell).

What he said.

TerryP said:
We'll have to wait and see what Terrence Cody decides. He's a JUCO player we have on our list who is coming in at 6-5, 390. If we don't get him, we'll be relying on young players.

What about the transfer from OSU that is ineligible this year? Juan Garnier I believe is his name?

TerryP said:
ACL11190 said:

What are our chances of getting Terrence Cody?

TerryP said:
ACL11190 said:

Jeez. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes,we will be young but after what I'm seeing this year with the way our coaches are getting these guys to play ball I have confidence and excitement about the future.The talent that Coach Saban is going after is something we have not had in a long time.I appreciate what our current players have done this year but I can't wait for next season!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking national championship next year :wink:

Seriously, other than the WR position, I see us being much improved on D and O. No doubt Hall will be missed, but someone else will step up. I believe Stover will play a huge role in the O next season.

Speaking of the WR position, I heard some talking heads on the radio a few weeks back discussing Alabama recruiting. I'm not sure who it was, but the statement was made that if Bama can pull in Julio (in addition to the ones they've already got commitments from), that this may be the best WR recruiting class "ever" assembled. That might be a stretch (considering what USC did a few yrs back), but the point is we are certainly headed for a awesome class of WR.

While losing the senior leadership of Hall, Caddell, and Brown certainly won't help, it doesn't hurt that we essentially have a second starting unit on the sidelines already.

McCoy, Stover, Alexander, and Oakley are already here. Current commits Melvin Ray, Burton Scott, Devonta Bolton, Destin Hood, and Mark Barron can all play receiver in addition to someone in Foley.

Our offensive line will also have another year to mature as well as having a senior quarterback in the pocket, assuming he can hold off Star Jackson.

We're set to have a stout offense for a while. Saban's doing a fantastic job of recruiting and to be honest, Shula didn't exactly leave the cupboard bare on this side of the ball.

Porterhouse said:
As far as WR goes, don't forget about Marquis Maze. He will make some noise.

Forgot about him...he'll be full speed right? I've heard hes not as fast as he use to be though. Leg injury in high school slowin him down still?

alagator said:

You know what gator? I used to think like that as well. Now, I'm not so sure. Look at UGA and AU...they don't mind the road at all. In fact both of them are actually better on the road the past few years than at home. I'm not saying I want that. I'm just saying that with a sound, fundamentally strong team I don't know that the venue matters so much.

I used to dread the road and count it pretty much an automatic loss under Shula. I just don't think Saban will allow it to become a factor. The great teams sure don't.

Back
Top Bottom