| FTBL 2 guys from London, UK are attending the Crimson Tide vs Texas A&M game. What's the best way to get back to Birmingham, AL after the game.

Hey All,

Appreciate all the response. We'll definitely think of something.

Hope to see you guys there, if you hear a funny English accent, come and say hi :)

What time are y'all wanting to head to Tuscaloosa from Birmingham? I know getting home is more the issue, but I will be coming through from Atlanta sometime that day, but will be staying the night in Tuscaloosa.

Hi all,

Apologies for the late response here. We're in Nashville completing our road trip.

But we do want to say that we had one of the best days of our lives. The atmosphere in the stadium is like nothing else, and everyone was so friendly to us and it was good to see a win, even if it came down to the last play.

The tailgate especially was a highlight of ours, I want to give a special shout-out to OldPlayer who invited us to his son's tailgate and we had the best time. everyone was friendly and welcoming and made us feel like we were part of the family. The food was amazing and we can truly say that southern hospitality is a real thing in Alabama. We had such a good time there and made so many new friends that we're thinking about making this a yearly thing.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you who commented on our threads, giving us useful advice and making the planning of this trip much easier.

And most importantly. ROLLTIDE!!!!!

here are a few pictures of us

1665591499192.png

1665591700472.png

1665591747380.png

Hi all,

Apologies for the late response here. We're in Nashville completing our road trip.

But we do want to say that we had one of the best days of our lives. The atmosphere in the stadium is like nothing else, and everyone was so friendly to us and it was good to see a win, even if it came down to the last play.

The tailgate especially was a highlight of ours, I want to give a special shout-out to OldPlayer who invited us to his son's tailgate and we had the best time. everyone was friendly and welcoming and made us feel like we were part of the family. The food was amazing and we can truly say that southern hospitality is a real thing in Alabama. We had such a good time there and made so many new friends that we're thinking about making this a yearly thing.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you who commented on our threads, giving us useful advice and making the planning of this trip much easier.

And most importantly. ROLLTIDE!!!!!

here are a few pictures of us
Thanks.jpg

Just to fill in a few gaps: When the UK guys said they wanted to participate in an Alabama tailgate, I started to check who I knew that was planning on tailgating on the Quad. Turns out my son and friends (mostly from his fraternity pledge class) were planning one (they don't tailgate every game). I asked if I could invite anyone and he said "Sure!" So I provided the information to help them to park and find the tailgate (I didn't know the location of the tailgate until I got to the Quad so there were some concerns that the UK guys would think I was BS-ing them). The tailgate was catered by Archibald's BBQ (ribs, pulled pork, wings, baked beans, mac and cheese, banana pudding) and they had plenty to drink (beer, alcohol, water, sparkling water). Kevin and Gary (the UK guys) brought more beer, sodas and cookies. I made some initial introductions and they were off! Before long, I had people coming up to me and asking if I had met the guys from England yet. They made a great impression and everyone wanted to make sure they had a good time. They participated in Corn Hole (first time ever), took shots, explained UK sports preliminaries (mostly hanging out in a pub versus tailgating), were amazed at the coed fashion habits of Game Day, and were invited to be in the group photo. They noticed my championship ring and we had another participant who was on the 2012 championship team (on campus celebrating their 10-year anniversary) so they did some comparing.

The bottom line is that they are now honorary Americans and unquestioned Bama fans.

View attachment 22285

Just to fill in a few gaps: When the UK guys said they wanted to participate in an Alabama tailgate, I started to check who I knew that was planning on tailgating on the Quad. Turns out my son and friends (mostly from his fraternity pledge class) were planning one (they don't tailgate every game). I asked if I could invite anyone and he said "Sure!" So I provided the information to help them to park and find the tailgate (I didn't know the location of the tailgate until I got to the Quad so there were some concerns that the UK guys would think I was BS-ing them). The tailgate was catered by Archibald's BBQ (ribs, pulled pork, wings, baked beans, mac and cheese, banana pudding) and they had plenty to drink (beer, alcohol, water, sparkling water). Kevin and Gary (the UK guys) brought more beer, sodas and cookies. I made some initial introductions and they were off! Before long, I had people coming up to me and asking if I had met the guys from England yet. They made a great impression and everyone wanted to make sure they had a good time. They participated in Corn Hole (first time ever), took shots, explained UK sports preliminaries (mostly hanging out in a pub versus tailgating), were amazed at the coed fashion habits of Game Day, and were invited to be in the group photo. They noticed my championship ring and we had another participant who was on the 2012 championship team (on campus celebrating their 10-year anniversary) so they did some comparing.

The bottom line is that they are now honorary Americans and unquestioned Bama fans.
You da man

View attachment 22285

You are too kind! We didnt realise we would be in the presence of greatness! Hope there will be space for us next year!😎 Roll tide 🔴🔴🔴

Back
Top Bottom