| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž#19 Alabama vs. #3 Tennessee -Bama avoids sweep with 1-0 shutout win on Sunday

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Goes without saying that this will be an uphill battle for Bama, and a steep one at that. The Tide has only won 1 SEC series this season (a sweep vs. Ole Miss). The Vols have yet to lose a series on their end. Maybe Bama can work some magic... which is what it's likely going to take for Bama to find some success in this one.

For the sake of our RPI, we need to win just 1 this weekend for it to be a successful weekend. If we can do that, then we will stay a top 16 RPI team which the committee relies heavily on when selecting Regional hosts. If we can host a regional then we have a must higher chance of winning a regional and make it to Supers. I don't see us making it past the Supers but getting there at least gives you a chance.

Since winning the conference is way out of the question, the focus needs to be get 1 this weekend and stay alive to host a regional.

For the sake of our RPI, we need to win just 1 this weekend for it to be a successful weekend. If we can do that, then we will stay a top 16 RPI team which the committee relies heavily on when selecting Regional hosts. If we can host a regional then we have a must higher chance of winning a regional and make it to Supers. I don't see us making it past the Supers but getting there at least gives you a chance.

Since winning the conference is way out of the question, the focus needs to be get 1 this weekend and stay alive to host a regional.

I'd take 1 and be happy, and I do think they can probably get 1.

Tennessee wins game 2ā€¦..2-0. Very sad to see Alabama softball fall this far down. Itā€™s
obvious the majority of players are clueless about what theyā€™re suppose to do. Way too many errors on defense and offense is non-existent.

This is kind of where I feel our slide has been camouflaged. We don't deserve a Regional in my eyes. Being given one based on history or name is an issue. I'd rather this team have to go to another Regional and earn their trip to a Super Regional.

The way this team plays offensively and defensively is troubling. However, whatā€™s more troubling, IMO, is the overall attitude. You have a team reeling and one of the assistant coaches is miced-up for ESPN talking about a player fouling a ball and that builds confidenceā€¦GEE. Also the HC peddling his bobblehead doll. Iā€™m for having fun and etc. but thereā€™s a time and place everything and I think itā€™s time for these coaches and players to get serious about softball.

Back
Top Bottom