| FTBL You make the call....

Pass Interference?

• Total voters

bamafan4ever

Staff
This photo is courtesy of SI naming LSU's LaRon Landry one of the SEC's best.

Was this pass interference?

Landry_LaRon.jpg

Crimson_Pride said:
Pass interference calls need to be added to the list of reviewable calls. They're easy to define and they can often play a big difference in the outcome of a game.

Amen!

This was a no-call in last year's game and there couldn't have been a more blatant no-call in Baton Rouge the year before that completely changed the momentum of the game.

reger60 said:
bamafan4ever said:
reger60 said:
If I vote yes, can this be the last thread on this subject?

Just passing the time until kickoff so until the 1st weekend of September, No! :drk

Sorry for being abrupt. I'm just ready for some NEW football to talk about. I'm ready for a NEW season.

RTR!!!!!!

What do you think about changing the uniforms?

I keed! I keed! :D

bamafan4ever said:
Crimson_Pride said:
Pass interference calls need to be added to the list of reviewable calls. They're easy to define and they can often play a big difference in the outcome of a game.

Amen!

This was a no-call in last year's game and there couldn't have been a more blatant no-call in Baton Rouge the year before that completely changed the momentum of the game.

Absolutely correct.. the call they hit us with when their receiver pushed I believe AM down and called pass interference on us was a game changing call cause they scored their only TD in regulation on that drive.. Seems like every year lsu gets the benefit of terrible calls and it cost us the game no doubt.

ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
reger60 said:
bamafan4ever said:
reger60 said:

Just passing the time until kickoff so until the 1st weekend of September, No! :drk

Sorry for being abrupt. I'm just ready for some NEW football to talk about. I'm ready for a NEW season.

RTR!!!!!!

;sus ;sus ;sus

bamafan4ever said:
ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
reger60 said:
bamafan4ever said:
reger60 said:

RTR!!!!!!

;sus ;sus ;sus

LMAO! :lol:

There should be another option, "Not enough information to know 100% for sure."

While, yes, it does appear that there is an infraction being committed, there are other factors that play into it.

Was the ball tipped at the line of scrimmage?

Has the ball already been knocked away?

Was the defender knocked into the receiver by another offensive player?

The answer to all these questions is probably no, but unless we know for sure, a determination of guilt based on a still photo is unfair.

Tigrinum Major said:
There should be another option, "Not enough information to know 100% for sure."

While, yes, it does appear that there is an infraction being committed, there are other factors that play into it.

Was the ball tipped at the line of scrimmage?

Has the ball already been knocked away?

Was the defender knocked into the receiver by another offensive player?

The answer to all these questions is probably no, but unless we know for sure, a determination of guilt based on a still photo is unfair.

Your a referee aren't you? :wink: :D

Hmmmm. Thirty-one say pass interference; one says no pass interference. Could the one vote have come from he who feels a kinship with his football brethren?

The answer to all TG's questions is an unqualified 'no'. Even LSU fans have admitted that Landry interferred on the play.

Back
Top Bottom