| FTBL Josh Pate- 'Big changes are coming to college football'

I think for the first time, everyone is on the same page. It is for different reasons, but everyone is in agreement. Will be interesting what comes of it. I know @Brandon Van de Graaff hinted to a 64 team alliance amongst the super conferences that tell the NCAA to stick it. I could also see the NCAA bending over backwards and doing whatever is necessary to keep the powers that be happy in order to keep their hands on their piece of the pie........

If the 64 team alliance happened, I would imagine that all sports amongst those institutions would follow suit. If the NCAA loses basket ball, they are done as an organization.

I think for the first time, everyone is on the same page. It is for different reasons, but everyone is in agreement. Will be interesting what comes of it. I know @Brandon Van de Graaff hinted to a 64 team alliance amongst the super conferences that tell the NCAA to stick it. I could also see the NCAA bending over backwards and doing whatever is necessary to keep the powers that be happy in order to keep their hands on their piece of the pie........

If the 64 team alliance happened, I would imagine that all sports amongst those institutions would follow suit. If the NCAA loses basket ball, they are done as an organization.

And that's what a lot of folks don't realize... that's their money maker, March Madness (which is why there's constant threats to expand it). CFP is out of their hands and adds nothing to their wallet.

@Brandon Van de Graaff as I wander a bit here...

I had lunch today at East Bay Deli. (Broccoli Cheese Soup with a Hot, NY style Pastrami.) Look at the map.

Not only are lower division coaches ticked off about how this is shaking out, the SBC is as well according to one head coach.

This is where schitt gets real...real confusing. Schools like Liberty have a say here: their money.

I've wanted division for years...seems like my hopes my come to fruition.

@Brandon Van de Graaff as I wander a bit here...

I had lunch today at East Bay Deli. (Broccoli Cheese Soup with a Hot, NY style Pastrami.)

Will never eat pastrami or even try it. Worked at a Locos Deli and Pub in Statesboro when I started out in college and had one of the bartenders tell me it literally tasted like a male body part to her. I'll let you figure out which part she meant. Love broccoli and cheese soup though. Figured I'd leave you with that on this fine Monday.

Will never eat pastrami or even try it. Worked at a Locos Deli and Pub in Statesboro when I started out in college and had one of the bartenders tell me it literally tasted like a male body part to her. I'll let you figure out which part she meant. Love broccoli and cheese soup though. Figured I'd leave you with that on this fine Monday.
Wow! I have never actually ordered pastrami, but I have probably eaten it in some sort of mixed meat sub or whatever. Now, after reading what you posted, I don't think I will ever even come close to ordering any meal with 'strami' in it. If that is ever said about pepperoni...I'm really going to be pissed.:) Thanks.

ROLL TIDE ANYWAY!

Like most things, it has to be cooked right. Rodney Scott, nationally known BBQ guy, does a damn good job. A few local places...10 or so I can think of, that rock!
Salt and pepper the hell out of it, smoke it at 240ish, wrap in butcher paper at 165, keep drinking till it hits 202. Think it's one of the easier cuts to cook.

Salt and pepper the hell out of it, smoke it at 240ish, wrap in butcher paper at 165, keep drinking till it hits 202. Think it's one of the easier cuts to cook.
WELP. This thread got sidetracked.

Amatuer hour is defined by someone trying to smoke a piece of meat with a grill with no thermometer.

I'm a 3-2-1 guy with brisket at 225.

WELP. This thread got sidetracked.

Amatuer hour is defined by someone trying to smoke a piece of meat with a grill with no thermometer.

I'm a 3-2-1 guy with brisket at 225.
Never figured out how that works with every size brisket but hear about it a lot. I'm a temp and tenderness guy I guess.

Never figured out how that works with every size brisket but hear about it a lot. I'm a temp and tenderness guy I guess.
3: Smoke for three hours at 225.
2: Wrapped in foil, same cooking, for another two.
1: Uncovered cooking for one hour.

You are right. It doesn't work with every brisket. But...you seeing that between #3 and #2, #2 and #1, and adjust accordingly.

Let's circle back.

It's all about what brisket you buy as well. A $30 brisket at Publix isn't going to cook like a $60 brisket at a butcher. That's why you go to the butcher.

3: Smoke for three hours at 225.
2: Wrapped in foil, same cooking, for another two.
1: Uncovered cooking for one hour.

You are right. It doesn't work with every brisket. But...you seeing that between #3 and #2, #2 and #1, and adjust accordingly.

Let's circle back.

It's all about what brisket you buy as well. A $30 brisket at Publix isn't going to cook like a $60 brisket at a butcher. That's why you go to the butcher.
I've read enough about it to know how it's supposed to work, I was referring more to weight and cook times. Some of my brisket take much longer than 6 hours, maybe because they're larger or different fat content, etc. The fact you're checking temps and adjusting accordingly explains that, you're really cooking to temp with a wrap method. I started out using foil but butcher paper seemed to give a much better bark while maintaining moisture. Rest period is vital as well imo.

I've read enough about it to know how it's supposed to work, I was referring more to weight and cook times. Some of my brisket take much longer than 6 hours, maybe because they're larger or different fat content, etc. The fact you're checking temps and adjusting accordingly explains that, you're really cooking to temp with a wrap method. I started out using foil but butcher paper seemed to give a much better bark while maintaining moisture. Rest period is vital as well imo.
Oh, you've sent me on a bit of a google search here...interesting idea.

Back
Top Bottom