| FTBL You know

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
I thought about how happy I would be after we beat Auburn, I thought it is going to be great to rub their face in the mud when we whip them. I said to myself, after the last 6 years of listening to these Auburn fans rub it in our face how they beat us it was going to be sweet revenge when we beat them.....

Do you all realize that in all Auburns glory they only managed to beat us at most by 10 points in our lowest of lowest years? Never did they blank us, even with the " Peoples National Championship" Team.

And then came The Tide, with a true teamwork effort, a solid coaching staff from top to bottom, and a fanbase that is second to none, and they came in and whipped the pants of them.

Well? Guess what? I am glad we kicked their tail, but in truth, whats more exciting to me is the fact we have a chance to play for a National Championship. In the grand scheme of things, I knew we would beat Auburn, and now that its over, they are irrelevant to me. Yes thats right, they are back to being irrelevant to me. Come to think of it, they have always been irrelevant to me.

Carry on Crimson Tide, time to shock the world, and in the end whether we win it all or not, this team has proven their grit, determination, and DOMINANCE.

It's great to be from ALABAMA, even greater to have the ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE as my chosen team. Finish it Boys!

ROLL TIDE.

Crimson Tide

I have been completely stunned by this season and the tremendous achievement our team has accomplished. It reminds me of a quote stated in the Movie Crimson Tide. It gives me chills to think about being here at this place at this time

Capt. Ramsey: Mr. COB!
Chief of the Boat: Yes, sir?
Capt. Ramsey: You're aware of the name of this ship, aren't you Mr. COB?
Chief of the Boat: Very aware, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: It bears a proud name, doesn't it, Mr. COB?
Chief of the Boat: Very proud, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: It represents fine people.
Chief of the Boat: Very fine people, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: Who live in a fine, outstanding state.
Chief of the Boat: Outstanding, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: In the greatest country in the entire world.
Chief of the Boat: In the entire world, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: And what is that name, Mr. COB?
Chief of the Boat: Alabama, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: And what do we say?
Capt. Ramsey, Chief of the Boat: Go Bama!
All: Roll Tide!

Bama1966 said:
I thought about how happy I would be after we beat Auburn, I thought it is going to be great to rub their face in the mud when we whip them. I said to myself, after the last 6 years of listening to these Auburn fans rub it in our face how they beat us it was going to be sweet revenge when we beat them.....

Do you all realize that in all Auburns glory they only managed to beat us at most by 10 points in our lowest of lowest years? Never did they blank us, even with the " Peoples National Championship" Team.

Yep, the very same thing crossed my mind last night as I reflected upon the series' past 7 years.

Also noticed that most of the Auburn posters who once frequented this site during Bama's down years have disappeared.

:lol:

The Kitty's will tuck their gear in a trunk and place it in the loft of the barn! :lol: :lol:

They never had my respect! They will always be irrelevant to me! RTR! baby 12-0 #1

Now let's go kick some gator ass! :D

Bama1966 said:

And then came The Tide, with a true teamwork effort, a solid coaching staff from top to bottom, and a fanbase that is second to none, and they came in and whipped the pants of them.

Well? Guess what? I am glad we kicked their tail, but in truth, whats more exciting to me is the fact we have a chance to play for a National Championship. In the grand scheme of things, I knew we would beat Auburn, and now that its over, they are irrelevant to me. Yes thats right, they are back to being irrelevant to me. Come to think of it, they have always been irrelevant to me.

Carry on Crimson Tide, time to shock the world, and in the end whether we win it all or not, this team has proven their grit, determination, and DOMINANCE.

It's great to be from ALABAMA, even greater to have the ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE as my chosen team. Finish it Boys!

ROLL TIDE.

Those were really my thoughts exactly last night. I was pretty surprised at my lack of excitement after the game. Then I realized I knew why: Its just one game a'ight? Only a small part of the process.

Bama1966 said:

Not sure if you are limiting your period of reference to just the 'streak' years, but Tuberville and Auburn did shut us out in Dubose's last game 0-9 in 2000 (in Tuscaloosa no less).

But on to your greater theme. Yes, isn't it rather comforting to wake up this morning and your focus is on the 'next game' and not the 'last game.' That there are bigger game to bag. Almost like the results yesterday are 'old hat.'

Re: Crimson Tide

RollllTide! said:
I have been completely stunned by this season and the tremendous achievement our team has accomplished. It reminds me of a quote stated in the Movie Crimson Tide. It gives me chills to think about being here at this place at this time

Capt. Ramsey: Mr. COB!
Chief of the Boat: Yes, sir?
Capt. Ramsey: You're aware of the name of this ship, aren't you Mr. COB?
Chief of the Boat: Very aware, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: It bears a proud name, doesn't it, Mr. COB?
Chief of the Boat: Very proud, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: It represents fine people.
Chief of the Boat: Very fine people, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: Who live in a fine, outstanding state.
Chief of the Boat: Outstanding, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: In the greatest country in the entire world.
Chief of the Boat: In the entire world, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: And what is that name, Mr. COB?
Chief of the Boat: Alabama, sir!
Capt. Ramsey: And what do we say?
Capt. Ramsey, Chief of the Boat: Go Bama!
All: Roll Tide!

Wasn't that movie made in '92?.....

It's all still surreal to me. This was the one I wanted...this was it! To sing that Rammer Jammer meant the world to me.

It wasn't that I wasn't excited, but it was more. I'm not even a player, but many emotions went through my mind. Several of us in my section just hugged and hugged. We have been through so much even though we're only fans.

I can't really explain it. I've never been a taunter, but I swore that I'd change once we beat Auburn. I swore I give any Auburn fan I could find grief. I should have known better. :wink: After that game I could care less about even seeing an Auburn fan. It just didn't matter. It was bigger than anything orange and blue, any certain player pushing and shoving, any coach holding up 7 fingers and acting like an idiot, any e-mail making fun of us, etc...

It has always been more for us and it always will. It's about bigger and better for us, and we're back on that road after a long detour. :) Congrats to all of us as well.

BamaDelta said:
It's all still surreal to me. This was the one I wanted...this was it! To sing that Rammer Jammer meant the world to me.

It wasn't that I wasn't excited, but it was more. I'm not even a player, but many emotions went through my mind. Several of us in my section just hugged and hugged. We have been through so much even though we're only fans.

I can't really explain it. I've never been a taunter, but I swore that I'd change once we beat Auburn. I swore I give any Auburn fan I could find grief. I should have known better. :wink: After that game I could care less about even seeing an Auburn fan. It just didn't matter. It was bigger than anything orange and blue, any certain player pushing and shoving, any coach holding up 7 fingers and acting like an idiot, any e-mail making fun of us, etc...

It has always been more for us and it always will. It's about bigger and better for us, and we're back on that road after a long detour. :) Congrats to all of us as well.

Delta! How are you? Can't talk can you? Did the Hubby
change the locks at the house? :D

alagator said:
Bama1966 said:

Not sure if you are limiting your period of reference to just the 'streak' years, but Tuberville and Auburn did shut us out in Dubose's last game 0-9 in 2000 (in Tuscaloosa no less).

But on to your greater theme. Yes, isn't it rather comforting to wake up this morning and your focus is on the 'next game' and not the 'last game.' That there are bigger game to bag. Almost like the results yesterday are 'old hat.'
Yes, I was referring to the streak years.

Back
Top Bottom