| LIFE Yes, or no? People are now enclosing their porch with glass for a new modern look

Thanks for reminding to look for the other can of 1723405944895.png that I had sitting in my garage. I need it to clean my black glass magnetic boards at school.

original_3c38a9fe-bc56-4a6e-b7d0-f1a1617977e8_PXL_20221207_160315079.jpg

It's a...mild pain to clean those boards. To continuously clean my front porch? Not too mention the fun some kid is going to have at Halloween. I think I'll take the zero.

Not bad. I had my porch enclosed when we bought our house a few years back. Never thought about glass, but having it enclosed was a definitely improvement. This was the blizzard of '24 in North Alabama. :p

Blizzard Jan 2024.png

Invest in Windex?

I can see it if you want year round extra living/lounging space, but that stoop is too small for that. It's hard to beat a screened porch with a nice fan most of the year. We have a fireplace and it makes it livable through the winter, just the hottest summer time is it too warm to lounge out there. It really depends on where you are.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 4
It really depends on where you are.
Bingo! It's mid 80's outside right now and my patio is cool: shaded, but pleasant. West side. Now, the deck on the east side? H.O.T.

I have two neighbors with just screened in porches. I've seen the work they have to do to maintain them. Another few that have glassed...a lot of cleaning, but it seems practical.

BUT. I go outside to be, outside. I'm mentioned how the small group of us don't hit bars anymore, but spend time outside on each other's patios.

For me it's all about acclimation. If I'm outside when it's morning and 80, noon at 90 just doesn't have much effect. Mid afternoon with the head index over 100...just doesn't really register. Well, except, I may change shirts a few times a day.

Back
Top Bottom