| FTBL Worst Commentator Ever

I recall reading a bio on Gus and one of the "highlights" of his style was his enthusiasm.

His style belongs in the WWE or a XFL type of venture.

When ones excitement level on air is greater than that of the team they're covering's own broadcast crew? IE: Gus more excited than say Stan White? That's too far for my taste.

I strongly disagree. He's at his best when the teams and games are actually good but I will admit that he's over the top when it's two bad teams (which is most of his games now) and it seems like he's trying to interject some enthusiasm into the games rather than just being enthusiastic over something great. When he's calling a really great game, he's amazing.

People actually like Gus Johnson's style?! Too over the top for me. Feels contrived.

I used to like Nessler before he made the jump to CBS. I also appreciated Danielson a lot more when he worked with Verne.... Verne was so bad it made him more enjoyable.

Agreed with those who like Blackledge. I think Herbstreit is top notch as well.

No, I'm fine with the wrestling analogy (juts not WWE, it sucks lol). I think the Stephen A. comparison is more offensive :ROFLMAO:
Totally unrelated except it's wrestling, TV personalities and such and I know how you follow the industry.

I was recently told George Murdoch (Tyrus of the NWA for those who don't know) was a Zoology major in college. It made me curious as to what school so I had to look it up: Antelope Valley. It's part of the Nebraska school system offering associate degree programs.

Still. An associates in Zoology isn't an easy course load.

Totally unrelated except it's wrestling, TV personalities and such and I know how you follow the industry.

I was recently told George Murdoch (Tyrus of the NWA for those who don't know) was a Zoology major in college. It made me curious as to what school so I had to look it up: Antelope Valley. It's part of the Nebraska school system offering associate degree programs.

Tyrus is a... different cat that's for sure. For some reason, that doesn't surprise me.

Z

Zoology was fun.......but a course load.....ur right....yuck...

Back
Top Bottom