| FTBL Worst Commentator Ever

You guys don't like any announcer that doesn't stop short of giving Nick Saban a blow job every 30 seconds. Gary Danielson is a good commentator, and don't get pissey that he doesn't kiss Alabama football's ass the way a North Korean propaganda outlet sucks up to Kim Jong Un.

You guys don't like any announcer that doesn't stop short of giving Nick Saban a blow job every 30 seconds. Gary Danielson is a good commentator, and don't get pissey that he doesn't kiss Alabama football's ass the way a North Korean propaganda outlet sucks up to Kim Jong Un.

I am with you and really enjoy Danielson. I loved Verne and I really like Brad Nessler too. I do not Robert Griffin III though. I have admitted that Eli Gold isn't my cup of tea either.

My favorite that is currently on air is Todd Blackledge. I did enjoy Nessler and him together and hopefully ESPN will pick up Brad when the CBS contract expires and re-pair this duo.
I approve this message.

I miss Sean McDonough, back when CBS first got the contract, he was with Verne. I think McDonough and GMac would make a good pair.

The crew he's talking about actually suggested Holmon Wiggins for one of the HC openings...think about that.

Not true for me.
A bunch do a great job calling a game

Names right
Not about them
Dont giggle
Call it fair with no agenda
Call or be analysis game

Doesn't seem hard. But wow some are awful

I like Gus. He gets into it. To me he absolutely makes March Madness so much more fun to watch than it already is.

I like Gus, but Klatt is awful
I recall reading a bio on Gus and one of the "highlights" of his style was his enthusiasm.

His style belongs in the WWE or a XFL type of venture.

When ones excitement level on air is greater than that of the team they're covering's own broadcast crew? IE: Gus more excited than say Stan White? That's too far for my taste.

I recall reading a bio on Gus and one of the "highlights" of his style was his enthusiasm.

When ones excitement level on air is greater than that of the team they're covering's own broadcast crew? IE: Gus more excited than say Stan White? That's too far for my taste.

But that also has me watching St. Bonaventure playing Oklahoma State in basketball. It's easy to watch Alabama/Georgia, not so much some of the games he calls.

Speaking of old Stan White, anyone know how his commentary went on the last few minutes of the iron bowl. I never listen to anything related to the Barn but I am sure he is a big time homer. Just curious what excuses he used at the end?

Speaking of old Stan White, anyone know how his commentary went on the last few minutes of the iron bowl. I never listen to anything related to the Barn but I am sure he is a big time homer. Just curious what excuses he used at the end?

Just click on it, he does a little play-by-play of White's play-by-play on that thread and it is as magnificent as you would ever imagine.

I can see your point. He has to make viewing those dreadful football games he does at least somewhat entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom