| FTBL Who would you like to stay for another year?

Julio , one more year to see what he could have done with AJ and cooper.
AJ throwing darts to Julio with Kevin Norwood on the other side with Maze in the slot or Christian Jones would’ve been 🔥!! I believe Cooper didn’t come on campus until the ‘12 season, so he and Julio wouldn’t have overlapped!

If I were to choose i guess I'd go with:

Jaylen Waddle comes back for 2021 season.

I think if he stayed one more year (I get why he didn't stay) we would've won in 2021 against Georgia more than likely and that might've ended Kirby's goodwill if he hadn't won that year.

Big what if in the world of college football there, if Kirby doesn't win in 2021 do the bulldogs fans start calling him another Mark Richt unable to win big games and run him out of town? Interesting thing to ponder there.

The most obvious is to have Bryce Young last season. I have to believe he’d be enough to get us past Michigan and Texas. Plus it’s a travesty he didn’t get a Natty.

But I’ll go with a less obvious choice: Minkah Fitzpatrick. Does anyone think his presence makes a difference in the Natty against Trevor Lawrence?

Although you guys have hit on some guys who would've been difference-makers had they stayed, I really hate to see kids leave early when they're not quite ready.

Vinnie Sunseri. He left too early for his own good, I know he was getting pushed by underclassmen, but would've loved to see what a senior campaign would've done for his NFL readiness.

Ronnie Harrison. Another year at Bama would've made a huge difference, I believe, in his draft stock and NFL readiness.

Although you guys have hit on some guys who would've been difference-makers had they stayed, I really hate to see kids leave early when they're not quite ready.

Vinnie Sunseri. He left too early for his own good, I know he was getting pushed by underclassmen, but would've loved to see what a senior campaign would've done for his NFL readiness.

Ronnie Harrison. Another year at Bama would've made a huge difference, I believe, in his draft stock and NFL readiness.
You hit right on the nose. I know a lot left because of their family. But with the NIL deals now some may make more.

I agree with you on Ronnie. However I answered this question not thinking how another year would have benefited the player’s future but rather how it would have benefited Bama.

While I like my Minkah pick, I’ll say I’m giving a strong consideration towards Daron Payne. First of all, we don’t beat UGA in the Natty without his MVP performance, and we may not beat Clemson before that in the semifinals without him either. Remember he had a pick and a TD reception in a low scoring game. But I’m just not sure that Payne’s presence on the DL would have helped us as much as Minkah’s in the secondary against Trevor Lawrence the next season. We applied consistent pressure and kept Clemson’s run in check as it was. We just had several catastrophic breakdowns in coverage and pursuit. I’m still not over that game, if it’s not obvious ha!

Back
Top Bottom