| FTBL Who will take the first snap at QB Saturday at USF?

Who takes first snap at QB Saturday?

• Total voters
JM was in his 2nd start. Should not be a surprise he was up and down. The OL did not help him any. Also the Defense fully let the team down but Sark is pretty dang good and he had an experienced team that believed. Still unacceptable but there is some reasons that explain some of what we saw Saturday.

Milroe gets the start. Outside of the 2 picks, Milroe actually played well enough to win.

I 100% agree with you. Technically the one interception and we still can win. I hate to hit on Jase here, but that fourth down wheel route should have sold out and made the catch. Milroe can get better there, but we need our athletes to make plays.

Should've been a bigger lead if not for his 2 picks.

Should've been a bigger lead if he didn't blow a wide open wheel route to McClellan that was another TD.

Fuck dude, he could have dove and caught that ball. it was right on his finger tips. Sell out and make the catch on 4th down if we want to play that bullshit. You're expecting the quarterback to be perfect, but yet no one else?

Fuck dude, he could have dove and caught that ball. it was right on his finger tips. Sell out and make the catch on 4th down if we want to play that bullshit. You're expecting the quarterback to be perfect, but yet no one else?

The QB missed a wide open receiver for an easy TD. And you want to blame the receiver. LMFAO.

If a QB can’t make that layup he can’t play QB.

He gave us a 4th quarter lead and the defense could t stop anybody

Milroe theew an interception in the 4th Q which was essentially a pick 6, and Texas had to go 5 yards for a TD.

That’s on Milroe not the defense.

Milroe’s first interception took 3 points minimum off the oars for Alabama and gave Texas a FG.

That’s 10-14 points to Texas from Milroe interceptions.

And then there was the missed TD pass to a wide open McClellan where Alabama got zero points on the drive.

Anyone who thinks Milroe played well is clueless. You deserve the 3-4 more losses coming if he stays as the starter

Milroe theew an interception in the 4th Q which was essentially a pick 6, and Texas had to go 5 yards for a TD.

Milroe’s first interception took 3 points minimum off the oars for Alabama and gave Texas a FG.

And then there was the missed TD pass to a wide open McClellan where Alabama got zero points on the drive.

Anyone who thinks Milroe played well is clueless. You deserve the 3-4 more losses coming if he stays as the starter
There was another play when left side was wide open and he could've put the team in scoring position wether it was 3 or 7.

NOBODY is saying that. He did some good things & some bad things. So did other players that contributed to the outcome of the game. Good & bad.

But its all on the QB schtick is lazy & mob mentality. I dare say Bryce Young was the best QB at 'Bama that I've ever seen. But he couldn't win a NC because there were still holes/issues with the TEAM that contributed to the loses. Like last Saturday. Such as the two OL penalties that took two TD's off the board. But you wanna harp away only on Milroe?

FWIW, I haven't really gotten a feel from at least this message board that if Buchner or Simpson starts this week or next, that they'll bemoan that move. We're just are NOT throwing out the baby with the bathwater by laying all the issues at Milroe's feet.

NOBODY is saying that. He did some good things & some bad things. So did other players that contributed to the outcome of the game. Good & bad.

But its all on the QB schtick is lazy & mob mentality. I dare say Bryce Young was the best QB at 'Bama that I've ever seen. But he couldn't win a NC because there were still holes/issues with the TEAM that contributed to the loses. Like last Saturday. Such as the two OL penalties that took two TD's off the board. But you wanna harp away only on Milroe?

FWIW, I haven't really gotten a feel from at least this message board that if Buchner or Simpson starts this week or next, that they'll bemoan that move. We're just are NOT throwing out the baby with the bathwater by laying all the issues at Milroe's feet.
I agree. I completely agree!

The QB missed a wide open receiver for an easy TD. And you want to blame the receiver. LMFAO.

If a QB can’t make that layup he can’t play QB.

Even the pros miss dunks and layups in basketball. Pitchers walk batters with the bases loaded. Shit happens. I didn't say blame the receiver if you cared to read what I said instead of trying to belittle the entire point to make yourself sound better, but I said he could have given max effort on a fourth down play where we needed a playmaker to make a play. Bryce didn't hit EVERY throw, nor did Tua, or Mac. Spare us all the "gotta be perfect" crap.

No one ever said Milroe shined against Texas, and he missed a lot, but he also did some things well. Two touchdowns called back, but of course you don't want to talk about those because you can't drive him in the ground on that. Bad snaps all night, rush in his face most of the night, penalties that hurt us and our play calling all night, but sure, let's blame everything on Milroe. you don't have all the right answers and it's a lot easier playing arm chair quarterback than stepping in that situation and calling he plays or actually performing.

Even the pros miss dunks and layups in basketball. Pitchers walk batters with the bases loaded. Shit happens. I didn't say blame the receiver if you cared to read what I said instead of trying to belittle the entire point to make yourself sound better, but I said he could have given max effort on a fourth down play where we needed a playmaker to make a play. Bryce didn't hit EVERY throw, nor did Tua, or Mac. Spare us all the "gotta be perfect" crap.

No one ever said Milroe shined against Texas, and he missed a lot, but he also did some things well. Two touchdowns called back, but of course you don't want to talk about those because you can't drive him in the ground on that. Bad snaps all night, rush in his face most of the night, penalties that hurt us and our play calling all night, but sure, let's blame everything on Milroe. you don't have all the right answers and it's a lot easier playing arm chair quarterback than stepping in that situation and calling he plays or actually performing.

Are you continuing to prop up a called back TD where Milroe threw the ball right to the defense again and the guy just dropped yet another INT and it bounced to an Alabama WR? I suppose that’s what you get with Milroe - propping up plays that should be turnovers and portraying that as a positive.

He gave the defense a lead and Texas marched right through them and down the field, that is on the defense.

Nobody thinks Milroe played outstanding, but some of y’all with the sky is falling, Bama is done mentality are over the top. Acting like Milroe is the one and only reason we lost

Are you continuing to prop up a called back TD where Milroe threw the ball right to the defense again and the guy just dropped yet another INT and it bounced to an Alabama WR? I suppose that’s what you get with Milroe - propping up plays that should be turnovers and portraying that as a positive.

Sometimes things bounce your way. Happens to the best of them. You think that's just a Milroe thing? Ha ha, you just can't let go of the fact it's not as terrible as you've been painting it. He needs to work, fact. He made some plays, fact. We had issues all over the field, fact.

Mac threw one off the ass of Najee against Auburn that costed us the game. Sometimes they bounce your way, sometimes they don't. Did you write him off when he was, what a Junior or redshirt Junior? Came back and smoked the rest of the SEC and won a Natty the next year.

Last edited:
Milroe will probably get the nod. He will look like a world beater against inferior competition. However, teams like Texas, Tenn. and Georgia not so much. As the Texas CB said after the game…..He’s a one-read quarterback.

Milroe will probably get the nod. He will look like a world beater against inferior competition. However, teams like Texas, Tenn. and Georgia not so much. As the Texas CB said after the game…..He’s a one-read quarterback.

They are preparing Buchner this week for early meaningful snaps (not mop duty). We'll see if they stick with that and how it unfolds, but that is the plan.

Back
Top Bottom