| FTBL Who will take the first snap at QB Saturday at USF?

Who takes first snap at QB Saturday?

• Total voters
Take away two interceptions, take away the sacks, take away the wide receivers open.... Yeah he actually played well to win. I think his confidence took a hit in the opening drive
Unless you know where his initial read was (left/right or peek deep to short) those receivers may have been on the backside and broke open late after the protection broke down.

Unless you know where his initial read was (left/right or peek deep to short) those receivers may have been on the backside and broke open late after the protection broke down.
Really? The issue was him holding on the ball too long. He did not make progression reads throughout the night nor was he able to do that because of OL. If the protection broke down then he should've ran. He didn't do that either

Milroe gets the start. Outside of the 2 picks, Milroe actually played well enough to win.

Milroe played poorly and the 2 INTs completely changed the game and let Texas play from the lead.

Milroe has no pocket presence and moved himself INTO sacks.

His INTs rightfully made Rees very nervous, so they had to run the ball on nearly every first down after those. Texas knew it, loaded the box and attacked the LOS. That made it impossible on the OL to block everyone and for the RBs to find holes.

The difference in the game was QB play and an OC who could call pass plays whenever he wanted and be confident, and another who had to call plays to minimize the risk of yet another INT or sack.

Really? The issue was him holding on the ball too long. He did not make progression reads throughout the night nor was he able to do that because of OL. If the protection broke down then he should've ran. He didn't do that either
Do you know where or to what side the progressions started on each pass play? No!! It’s a helluva lot easier to sit in the stands and bitch about receivers being open and the QB not seeing it and why the QB didn’t throw the ball to X receiver when Y was all alone. Could he have tucked the ball and taken off? Sure! But how many times did Saban and the offensive staff harp on him to give the play time to develop and not give up too quick? We don’t know, but we have a pretty good idea going back to last season and this past Spring. Did he play perfect? Hell no! I’m just saying that outside of the 2 horrible throws, he did play well enough to get the W.

Milroe played poorly and the 2 INTs completely changed the game and let Texas play from the lead.

His INTs rightfully made Rees very nervous, so they had to run the ball on nearly every first down after those. Texas knew it, loaded the box and attacked the LOS. That made it impossible on the OL to block everyone and for the RBs to find holes.

The difference in the game was QB play and an OC who could call pass plays whenever he wanted and be confident, and another who had to call plays to minimize the risk of yet another INT or sack.
He gave us the lead in the 4th

Do you know where or to what side the progressions started on each pass play? No!! It’s a helluva lot easier to sit in the stands and bitch about receivers being open and the QB not seeing it and why the QB didn’t throw the ball to X receiver when Y was all alone. Could he have tucked the ball and taken off? Sure! But how many times did Saban and the offensive staff harp on him to give the play time to develop and not give up too quick? We don’t know, but we have a pretty good idea going back to last season and this past Spring. Did he play perfect? Hell no! I’m just saying that outside of the 2 horrible throws, he did play well enough to get the W.
You can tell based on where the ball was going. Look at Texas defense. They were following his eye.

It's said that JM played well enough to win...yes...he did. Unfortunately, he also played bad enough to lose. The negative part of those two is what everyone has to deal with.

ROLL TIDE ANYWAY!

Milroe's 56 Yard Long ball TD CLEARLY shows otherwise. He released that pass on the 'Bama 47 yard line. The dude has one of the best long balls we've ever seen. But there is no human being who can make that throw without stepping into the throw which usually means stepping into the pocket (which he did on this throw). Maybe @UAgrad93 can offer some better insight on the physics of throwing a 50+TD bomb without stepping into it but something tells me I'm right on this.

Milroe does seem to want to live & die by the long ball. He needs get better at dumping off to short routes or Tommy Rees just needs to have shorter routes. As mentioned by others these WR bubble screens are pretty simple & he does make those throws.

I agree about the sack part. But there is two sides to that coin. He also has gotten out of sacks too that most would not be able to avoid. Confirmation bias can be a hard thing to see through.

Milroe is just a new starter who has made a few bad plays. We could say a 1/3rd of the starters on this team are in the exact same boat.
He gave us the lead in the 4th
Exactly. By God, some folks act like this dude is Brandon Avalos. The problem Milroe has is that he has to follow up Bryce Young. But if he was follwing up Jalen Hurts, I think folks would be less critical. But I'm probably wrong there.
I think there's plenty of blame to be spread around if we start deducting points from players. Milroe had some very costly mistakes. The defensive dam broke in the 4th quarter. It was pretty much a system wide failure at that point.

Exactly. I'm going to do something odd here & actually echo what @24and7 has been saying with the conditioning program. That 4th quarter collapse reeks of poor conditioning program. I hope that's not the case but I am going to give that speculation more weight.

He’s a boom or bust qb. Made some really good plays. Made some really bad plays. Missed some plays all together. Several open receivers he never saw. He put the defense in some bad situations. BAMA should’ve scored 60 on that defense. Can’t win a ship playing like that, offensively or defensively.

He’s a boom or bust qb. Made some really good plays. Made some really bad plays. Missed some plays all together. Several open receivers he never saw. He put the defense in some bad situations. BAMA should’ve scored 60 on that defense. Can’t win a ship playing like that, offensively or defensively.
He even scored on an accident fumble pass..

Back
Top Bottom