| MBB/WBB Which is more important, new arena or NIL?

Didn’t Auburn build a new arena a few years ago?

They have a new arena, but Pearl has been begging for a practice facility. Alabama has Coleman for the games and a really nice practice facility attached for practices (sometimes shared with the women's team, but there's also still Coleman and Foster they can use as options too so there's never any schedule conflicts). The Bama gym team has their own practice facility right there too. auburn basketball however, has the new arena, but is sharing a lone practice facility with the women's team plus the volleyball team and gymnastics team. Pearl wants a standalone facility for just men's and women's basketball. Oats pretty much already has a standalone practice facility, but he's soon to get (BOT approval for) a newer, nicer one (plus a locker room, etc.), exclusively for the men's team (which will bump the women's team into the current men's facilities).

Stopped at the red light I see. They tried to flag me down once, driving through there, at that light to give me a diploma. Thank God the light was green. :p
I have a cousin who works and lives there, dropped in a bit ago and we took in a show from a duo I follow. She took me down a street that has rumble strips that play war eagle. Pretty neat feature, but it was war eagle. To her dismay, I swerved after a few notes...

Another plug for Ryanhood:

If the new bball facility...is still in 100 mill $ range and growing....
Whoa nellie....serious coins....and nil ...and title IX .......
And if they have to pay operations to get some transto help womens bball team...

The whole new world....

Until Bama fans can fill Coleman on a consistent basis, there is not as big of a need for a new arena yet. Yes, I know the price is going up all the time. Get the NIL money now, continue to win and the new arena will come. Just my opinion.

Until Bama fans can fill Coleman on a consistent basis, there is not as big of a need for a new arena yet. Yes, I know the price is going up all the time. Get the NIL money now, continue to win and the new arena will come. Just my opinion.
I'm confused? We averaged between 9500 to 10200... Seat
15,383-seat capacity... New Arena will be proably around 10k . So I'm little confused of why you said this:

It's been a while since I was 18 but I'm pretty sure I would've played wherever they wanted me to as long as I was getting laid and payed. I'd say NIL would be more important.

Going back to Grant's first season, we have averaged right around 12-12.5k per season. One could argue that part of the season we don't get 15K consistently is because of the poor visuals some seats offer, so it deters your average fan from purchasing a ticket.

NIL is what is most important now, but given this is the height of Alabama basketball, we need a new arena. The men's program isn't the only one that would play in it either. Gymnastics consistently sells out ever meet at Coleman.

Back
Top Bottom