| FTBL What was the most surprising game of the weekend?

I’ll say this re: Freeze. I was surprised at some of the things I saw from him last year, but those things are already cropping up again this year… which is even more surprising. Though I hope he falls on his face, I put more stock in his coaching abilities than most (at least around here). But he already had some areas that he needed to improve and overcome to become the coach auburn needs him to be. He hasn’t done that, and on top of it, he’s regressed in a couple of other areas. For auburn fans, that should be concerning.
I would put him as 1A or 1B for the best WR coach in football along with Lincoln.

I’ll say this re: Freeze. I was surprised at some of the things I saw from him last year, but those things are already cropping up again this year… which is even more surprising. Though I hope he falls on his face, I put more stock in his coaching abilities than most (at least around here). But he already had some areas that he needed to improve and overcome to become the coach auburn needs him to be. He hasn’t done that, and on top of it, he’s regressed in a couple of other areas. For auburn fans, that should be concerning.

Freeze doesn’t look or act right..Just listening to him will put you to sleep…I wondering if he is struggling with addiction or depression..

I agree, I truly expected them to be better. I watched a portion of his comments, and he was either still in shock over the loss, or he is out of kilter due to some other factor. It could be personal, or it could be a realization that he's a got a player/players who are simply not going to get it done, and he has no alternatives.

I don't think they'll be favored against Arkansas.

I was in the truck a bit ago and caught some of Tiger Talk... I only heard about 10-15 minutes of it, but damn if Freeze didn't toss some players under the tractor for their performances on Saturday. Basically said there was 1 play call all game that he regretted, just 1. All the others, auburn was in position to have success but either a WR wouldn't do his job or some other such would happen. He then went on and blistered Thorne, to the point that I was wondering if he realized he was live on the radio. Basically said he was missing basic, "easy" reads and that if he doesn't get it fixed then they'll swap QB's. He went into more detail though and just really kinda ripped him in the process. Not a great look.

I was in the truck a bit ago and caught some of Tiger Talk... I only heard about 10-15 minutes of it, but damn if Freeze didn't toss some players under the tractor for their performances on Saturday. Basically said there was 1 play call all game that he regretted, just 1. All the others, auburn was in position to have success but either a WR wouldn't do his job or some other such would happen. He then went on and blistered Thorne, to the point that I was wondering if he realized he was live on the radio. Basically said he was missing basic, "easy" reads and that if he doesn't get it fixed then they'll swap QB's. He went into more detail though and just really kinda ripped him in the process. Not a great look.
Is the Auburn job "too big" for him?

Back
Top Bottom