| FTBL What was the most surprising game of the weekend?

The Auburn game was the most surprising game for me. you would think after hearing Hugh saying they will incorporate more into the offense and expect lot of explosive plays... and yet.. look what happened.
Problem with that is Thorne is trash a QB so can’t do much when you run the ball for most plays! But I think it’s wonderful!

SEC- South Carolina drilling Kentucky

Overall- Notre Dame game mentioned but I’ll go with UAB getting dog walked by their old coach and La Monroe.
Hard for me to every think UAB getting beat is a surprise.

The Auburn game was the most surprising game for me. you would think after hearing Hugh saying they will incorporate more into the offense and expect lot of explosive plays... and yet.. look what happened.
When did you start believing anything you heard from of Freeze or the Barn?

He does care about recruiting, something auburn fans should care about as well. He came into a shitty situation that was leftover from Gus and Harsin. On the game planning, it's true that he delegates too much, or has in the past at least. He was hands off leading up to the New Mexico St game last season so he could focus on the recruiting class, and look how that turned out. He's betting that he can get the roster he needs by next fall... if so, they'll be a tough out. If not, he's going to be feeling the heat.
O he is feeling it now. I bet.

Gotta recruit. Win games you should win
Win some of them 50/50 games n
Win a few that nobody gives you a chance

I really never saw what people saw in him. O yeah. He beat bama twice. But look at rest of resume. Pretty weak or at least not strong.

O he is feeling it now. I bet.

Gotta recruit. Win games you should win
Win some of them 50/50 games n
Win a few that nobody gives you a chance

I really never saw what people saw in him. O yeah. He beat bama twice. But look at rest of resume. Pretty weak or at least not strong.

Maybe from fans but not to anyone who can actually do anything about it. Harsin didn't last long because he wasn't liked by those that mattered and his gamble that he would perform well enough that they wouldn't be able to do anything about it came up empty. He severely overestimated his abilities. Freeze has had his struggles, including yesterday, but he has the full support of the power players... something Harsin never enjoyed from the jump.

He does care about recruiting, something auburn fans should care about as well. He came into a shitty situation that was leftover from Gus and Harsin. On the game planning, it's true that he delegates too much, or has in the past at least. He was hands off leading up to the New Mexico St game last season so he could focus on the recruiting class, and look how that turned out. He's betting that he can get the roster he needs by next fall... if so, they'll be a tough out. If not, he's going to be feeling the heat.
This sound almost the same as the last coach auburn had! :laugh:

It doesn’t matter what Freeze does, he’ll never have full control of that place. He’s just another puppet, you can see it in his face. I believe he’s being made to play Thorne because, Thornes dad is some sort of Big wig? Or on some board? Just what I was told. Not sure. Don’t care really hope they never win a game!

I couldn't help but think, "yeah, I've been there," when thinking about the ND fans. NI just made it...special?
I was in Andover, Maine and watched the NIU loss. In previous days, I'd made it through Mahoosuc Notch and up the Arm, and I was taking a zero day on an Appalachian Trail trip, staying at a boarding house in a wonderful, quirky town. You could fold over the U.S. and Maine could overlap with Alabama and, absent accents, you'd have a hard time telling us apart. It's appropriate we were the 22nd and 23rd states. Old men hanging at the country store, one asked me, "you know what's wrong with Maine, son?". I said, "nothing I've seen yet." He said, "too many damn yankees." Maine has an independent streak, they chaffed at being a territory ruled by non-adjacent Massachusetts until statehood. They originated the term, "Mass-holes".

I’ll say this re: Freeze. I was surprised at some of the things I saw from him last year, but those things are already cropping up again this year… which is even more surprising. Though I hope he falls on his face, I put more stock in his coaching abilities than most (at least around here). But he already had some areas that he needed to improve and overcome to become the coach auburn needs him to be. He hasn’t done that, and on top of it, he’s regressed in a couple of other areas. For auburn fans, that should be concerning.

I’ll say this re: Freeze. I was surprised at some of the things I saw from him last year, but those things are already cropping up again this year… which is even more surprising. Though I hope he falls on his face, I put more stock in his coaching abilities than most (at least around here). But he already had some areas that he needed to improve and overcome to become the coach auburn needs him to be. He hasn’t done that, and on top of it, he’s regressed in a couple of other areas. For auburn fans, that should be concerning.
Freeze doesn’t look or act right..Just listening to him will put you to sleep…I wondering if he is struggling with addiction or depression..

Back
Top Bottom