| FTBL What was the most surprising game of the weekend?

The Auburn game was the most surprising game for me. you would think after hearing Hugh saying they will incorporate more into the offense and expect lot of explosive plays... and yet.. look what happened.

I understand the strategy of trying to stay afloat and get through this season with Thorne, with the plan of accumulating talent via recruiting and then making some moves in the portal for '25... but, it is also a risky path to take. Cal isn't terrible, but auburn should have beat them at home. They may be spending a lot of that money they were trying to snowball for this winter spending spree on keeping players around instead. I bet if Freeze had it to do all over again, he'd have just overpaid for a quality QB and gone from there.

I understand the strategy of trying to stay afloat and get through this season with Thorne, with the plan of accumulating talent via recruiting and then making some moves in the portal for '25... but, it is also a risky path to take. Cal isn't terrible, but auburn should have beat them at home. They may be spending a lot of that money they were trying to snowball for this winter spending spree on keeping players around instead. I bet if Freeze had it to do all over again, he'd have just overpaid for a quality QB and gone from there.
This I agree. I think he will have few players decomitting from Auburn come November. Thorne doesn't seem like a good choice so why is he sticking with him?

This I agree. I think he will have few players decomitting from Auburn come November. Thorne doesn't seem like a good choice so why is he sticking with him?

I think he thought he could manage things well enough, but yesterday, from what little I saw of it, was a disaster. And while there's some talent among those WR's, I'm not sure they helped him much.

I don't know... Cam Coleman was banged up late, but unless his arms fell off, you almost have to have him in the game.
The Auburn fans are raising hell saying Hugh only cares about #1 recruiting classes..They claim Hugh doesn’t game plan the staff does.. If you watched snippets of his pregame speech…you would see why the team is uninspired..I wonder if he is sick or a drunkard..

The Auburn fans are raising hell saying Hugh only cares about #1 recruiting classes..They claim Hugh doesn’t game plan the staff does.. If you watched snippets of his pregame speech…you would see why the team is uninspired..I wonder if he is sick or a drunkard..

He does care about recruiting, something auburn fans should care about as well. He came into a shitty situation that was leftover from Gus and Harsin. On the game planning, it's true that he delegates too much, or has in the past at least. He was hands off leading up to the New Mexico St game last season so he could focus on the recruiting class, and look how that turned out. He's betting that he can get the roster he needs by next fall... if so, they'll be a tough out. If not, he's going to be feeling the heat.

Back
Top Bottom