| LIFE What to do in Nashville?

My wife and I have been to Nashville many times. however, this one is little different. We're staying in an Airbnb near boardwalk downtown. I know we're going to Fancy dinner friday night, and some of us suggested Jack Daniel tour, So whatever, We are planning to break away from the group on Saturday afternoon and we wanted to go somewhere where we could enjoy visiting for little bit. I know the game is at 2:30pm so I plan to watch it.

We've thought about trying vegan restaurants, activities. We're open to anything. I want to do something quick date with my wife. Any Suggestions, etc? Wife can't be outside too long due to Lupus.

You can take a tour of country music stars homes or former homes. Lower Broadway has Assembly Hall, lots of eating places unique to Nashville. Go to the Country Music Hall of Fame or tour the old Grand Ole Opry downtown or the newer one on Briley Pky. Jack Daniels is about an hour south of Nashville in Lynchburg.

I'll check it out. My wife just sent me a link to Nashville Bar Crawl with VIP club enterance, and it's like 59 dollar per person. I'm skeptical of stuff like this, but this is for my friend's birthday.
It's the old guy in me, but Nashville's just not the same, a victim of its success. By evening, the marauding bands of bachelorettes have deteriorated into scenes of belligerent brides and melting maids of honor; day-drinking younger guys who are either numb to their transgressions or spoiling for a fight; convention goers crushing the block with their sheer numbers; and, if there's a hockey/football game, out of towners covering the place. My best days enjoying the strip are getting a biscuit for breakfast and catching the late morning/afternoon shifts, then finding a single place in the afternoon to hunker down instead of crawling. Then, getting the heck out of there.

The VIP deal might help you if they have a connection at the huge new bars like Morgan Wallen's.

My hack for bypassing lines and getting in the original bars on the north side of Broadway is to go down the back alley along the Ryman and go in through the back door. Rarely a line. It's what the old performers did. I've consistently had luck getting into Tootsie's and Robert's Western World that way.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom