What service do you use for Internet and TV?

doemasters

The Rowdy One
Staff
right now I am with charter on both but the price just keeps going up and I hardly ever watch TV and was going to see what everyone else uses. I have an Internet ready tv so I could stream videos with Netflix or other services but have never even seen how that works or if it would be worth having that service. Right now I have about every movie channel available and my cable and Internet bill is right at 175 and that's not even with HD services

Right now I have DirecTV, but I'm about to go to Roku. With be getting the TV set up for air antenna. Satellite for the net that is HughesNet.

DirecTV for TV (looking to cut the cord though) and AT&T Uverse for Internet (24Mbps down/3Mbps up). I'm going to test out sports via AppleTV as it has a ESPN app now...

I have a Synology DS1812 setup with (4) 2TB hard drives, I have Apple TV's on all 3 TV's in the house, we use Amazon Prime as well for streaming and use youtube as well. I ditched Netflix years ago after they kept messing with the prices...I was an early adopter of Netflix too. The Synology DS does so many things, its really really impressive. I store digital pictures, music, it has a surveillance camera software, it sync's with my dropbox, it stores and indexes my digital movie collection. If you are every looking to hold music, movies, etc at the house I would strongly suggest you look at the Synology DS.

ds1812p_carousel.jpg

The only drawback for Netflix and Amazon, in my opinion, is you don't have current series. However, that's never stopped me from watching shows on channels I don't have with my cable package. There are too many sites where you can watch the latest shows, free.

Right now I'm with U-verse. The bill for both is less than $100 due to one of their introductory packages on a 12 month term. As soon as I get a price increase I'll switch, again. I get three in my area; U-Verse, WOW, and Comcast. And, I've been through through two, twice, on my second run with U-verse.

In my area the cable wars are a lot like the long distance wars back in the late 80's and early 90's. I can't begin to tell you how many checks I cashed for switching LD carriers and very, very rarely made any long distance calls. Geez...thinking about it...I think the largest one I cashed was for $180 from MCI. I do recall cashing one check and then two weeks later changing to another company.

The last time I changed providers they were willing to honor the price for another year...who knows what'll happen the next increase.

I do LOVE U-verse.

The neighborhood we live in is relatively new. Charter has still not come into it; everyone must have a dish. We went with DirecTV because of the whole Dish-AMC squabble. (The wife had to have her Walking Dead crap; I like AMC a lot, so that didn't bother me.) My "office" is in a room without telephone jacks; we don't have a landline (haven't had one in nearly ten years). We are having to use some kind of remote (something) to go with our AT&T Internet. It sucks! Holy ****! It sucks! The Internet goes in and out all the time.

We would love to have Charter Internet (not cable!), but again...it's not available in our neighborhood.

Before we moved to this neighborhood, I had Charter cable/Internet. Hated the cable service! Went to U-Verse once it was finally available in my neighborhood. Really...No problems with it at all. Their repair service lacks something to be desired. One weekend I was having service problems. On AT&T's fourth visit to my house, early on a Sunday morning however, this happened...

78147_1658522018057_6431768_o.jpg 134834_1658522818077_7266346_o.jpg

Not exactly the most pleasant customer service visit. All I wanted to do was watch tv. Word of caution, careful with the AT&T workmen.

got dish for tv and at&t dsl for internet.

the internet sux balls since i can't get any faster than 3mb. i even inquired about switching to u-verse. guess how fast i can get with u-verse.....3mb. so i can switch to u-verse, pay more money and get the same shitty speed. oh yeah, sign me up for some of that :crazy:.

so i'm stuck with having the slowest internet speed (apart from dial-up) and not being able to download anything without waiting forever.

Have had them all and Uverse is second to none.
Watch all the movies you want free on internet to TV hdmi. I still wonder why people rent these movies?!

I have Charter cable, phone and internet and the bill runs $142 per month. We love the internet's reliability but the TV package we've got sucks. As soon as U-Verse come thru I'm signing up. We don't have reliable cell service so we're stuck with a land line for the present.

I have Charter here in Gardendale. Moving to Florence shortly and it seems that they have better "packages" I will be getting 80 channels and that is HD in it. The internet download speeds are twice of Charter (50M vs 25M) and phone for $125 with 2 TV's

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> @bama alum <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> WTH? Did he fall through the ceiling? It's hard to tell from the pic.

The schmuk decided that he would be creative and find a solution for my interference by creating a line through the ceiling. Dumbass stepped on the sheetrock. I... just wanted to watch tv.

Back
Top Bottom