| FTBL We’re starting early with….

What I find amusing is that people are acting like this never happened under Saban. I distinctly remember many games where the team played poorly against a lesser opponent. Remember how badly the defense played against Ga Southern when they were running that triple option? Hopefully this was their struggle game and they will step it up from this point forward.

They dug into their depth. That's what won the game.

Why dig into the playbook when you can rely on depth?
As the game worn on, I noticed the rotation, and the depth is what kept the defense fresh. That's going to be the key down the road. Now is not the time to panic, We had two OL out with injury and Pritchett played hurt.. but I bet we dominate next week. You are right though about playcalling... It was definitely plain and conservative last night, but damn... We could've at least picked up the blitzes unless we want the teams to think, "Hey we can do same thing against them" lull them into our trap? I don't know.

What I find amusing is that people are acting like this never happened under Saban. I distinctly remember many games where the team played poorly against a lesser opponent. Remember how badly the defense played against Ga Southern when they were running that triple option? Hopefully this was their struggle game and they will step it up from this point forward.
Who are "people" We were there. we saw last few years. Tennessee, Arkansas, USF, and others. we struggled in first half last year until half time.

I didn’t have an issue with the targeting call. Jefferson clearly lowered his head parallel with the ground and went in crown first. Even made first contact with the QB’s helmet. A senior knows better than to lower your helmet like that.

Now there were some holding calls and non-calls that were more head scratching. Some in our benefit, some not. I’m not going to say the refs put us in a bind in that game, I don’t feel that way at all.

In another note, don’t we try to crucify Rees last year when he put Milroe under center inside the 5 yard line (and he fumbled)? Maybe I dreamed that when I saw it happen last night.

“Honk if Formby held you”

I thought that Milroe should’ve been pulled and Simpson put in… A least to see if Simpson was more accurate… Even if they put him back in a little later.. It may have been a spark or it may have cleared Milroe’s head… The whole defensive plan was set around Milroe’s shortcomings…

I agree that USF is a really good team. And I understand that the game plan was vanilla. There was not a lot of motion and shifting formations yesterday. However, if your offense is struggling that badly and your QB is getting smacked around, and you only have a 1 point lead in the fourth quarter, I would think you might dig into your playbook a little more. Bama could very easily have lost last night. And for the record, I think we will beat Wisconsin, probably by 2 scores. They are not a good team and they don't match up well with Bama.

They dug into their depth. That's what won the game.

Why dig into the playbook when you can rely on depth?

I think we did a sufficient job of digging into the play book. The problem was that Formby must've bitch slapped the Referee's granddaughter because he was getting strattled dry by his ticky calls. Frankly, I lost track of how many times a penalty took points off the board or nullified big plays.

I kept saying "Hell, why try anything special when we're going backwards anyway?"

As soon as Pritchett comes in, boom. . . 3 fast TD drives. Nothing special called in the playbook then either.

I thought that Milroe should’ve been pulled and Simpson put in… A least to see if Simpson was more accurate… Even if they put him back in a little later.. It may have been a spark or it may have cleared Milroe’s head… The whole defensive plan was set around Milroe’s shortcomings…
I think you have to play with the guy you hithced you wagon to. Let him play through the struggles. The OC play calling and the OL play did not help Milroe in my view.

But if they play like shit and win, I'll be happy
I have never agreed with this. I have had people give me a hard time when I was complaining about Bama when they won. They would say Bama won rigtht? I doubt coaches are ok with this. At some point how you play matters and will catch up with you. If they do not improve then that will definetly be the case because in my view USF is at best middle of the pack against the quality of teams we will play. The one thing they had going for them was they had a lot fo experience on their team last night. It helped them big time until we just wore them down.

I think you have to play with the guy you hithced you wagon to. Let him play through the struggles. The OC play calling and the OL play did not help Milroe in my view.

I have never agreed with this. I have had people give me a hard time when I was complaining about Bama when they won. They would say Bama won rigtht? I doubt coaches are ok with this.
And they shouldn't be (as I alluded to in my original post). But as a fan, I am.

At some point how you play matters and will catch up with you. If they do not improve then that will definetly be the case because in my view USF is at best middle of the pack against the quality of teams we will play. The one thing they had going for them was they had a lot fo experience on their team last night. It helped them big time until we just wore them down.
And I said something similar in my original post.

Also, if they played like shit in the national championship game and still won, would be happy or sad? Put another trophy in the case and nobody will care how it got there (barring anything fishy or illegal or against the rules).

In game two...
People just don't realize this stuff, also people calling for Pritchett to be starting and never see Formby again are beyond asinine.

I get it, he definitely produced this week while injured in a small sample size, but Formby outplayed him last week anyways.

If anyone is calling for Milroe to be benched at this point, I'm done. The issues were apparent across the board this game and I can do a little write up if it would help people see the issues but man I feel like half this fanbase is living in a bubble and the moment some type of adversity hits they just wilt. At least the team doesn't have that mentality.

Back
Top Bottom