| GAME THREAD šŸˆ WEEK TEN: NCAA / SEC Games of the Week

(Watching Ole Miss, listening to Wake.)

On the same note, in the past couple of weeks how often did you hear people 'poke' at Lane and the 4th down conversion attempts this season?

And yet, here they are converting 70% of their attempts which is 12-13 percentage points higher than the leading team in 3rd down conversions.
The problem with stats is that they rarely smooth out over a short period time. Given a large enough sample size they do smooth out but that doesnā€™t mean you wonā€™t go 0/4 for one game 4/4 for next game.

I personally donā€™t have any issue with Lane going on the forth down. I personally think it puts a lot of pressure on the opposing defense to try to stop at offense from getting 10 yards if they have four plays to do it. And ole miss Defense is piss poor so you gotta figure that odds of giving up a field goal or a touchdown are good if you punt.

The problem with stats is that they rarely smooth out over a short period time. Given a large enough sample size they do smooth out but that doesnā€™t mean you wonā€™t go 0/4 for one game 4/4 for next game.

I personally donā€™t have any issue with Lane going on the forth down. I personally think it puts a lot of pressure on the opposing defense to try to stop at offense from getting 10 yards if they have four plays to do it. And ole miss Defense is piss poor so you gotta figure that odds of giving up a field goal or a touchdown are good if you punt.
It's a "what have you done for me lately" type of deal in my view. They are focusing on Auburn where they went 1 for 4 in spite of the fact they've been over 50% in six of their eight games. The two games they were below 50% were against ranked teams as I recall.

I'll look up the numbers.

Lane blindly following the analytics are where I see the flaw. Sometimes you have to adjust based on the feel of the game. He put way to much pressure on his team against the Barn failing on the 4th downs. Take some 3's and you are likely down one score with at least a shot to win it. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

The way Ole Miss closed this game out along with what I'm seeing from Lane it's going to take a LARGE spread for me not to take the Aggies. What is this...total of three points scored in the second half the last two games?

Over/under on how many A&M defensive players go down with injuries and miss less than 2 plays today? I put it at 12. Auburn, I put at 9. A&M did this a lot to us in our loss but it didnā€™t get much play. Then when Penn State got blown up for it the following week, it became a prime time topicā€¦

Dayum, part two.

FDiS_rBXMAAMwn5

Back
Top Bottom