Weather Issues

Glad I have the flexibility to work remote, I don't want to be out on the road with these folks.

No way in hell I'd be driving the overpasses out here if I had to get out in this stuff, some of them are easily 100' tall and cars are going so slow they are getting stuck and causing traffic jams. An 18 wheelers is hanging over an overpass as well. We only have about an inch of ice on the roads, tomorrow is going to be worse as this stuff is going to freeze again later on.

Yeah, predicting a low of 18 degrees here in Lawrence County Wednesday night. We had a half hour of sleet this afternoon. Looks like we are right on the border of getting rain or snow / ice Tuesday into Wednesday.

Would love to see Bama get a decent snow.

Well, looks like you're going to get your wish. All of the north Alabama schools are shutting down tomorrow because of the forecast of 3 to 5 inches across the whole northern part of the state, roughly from hwy 278 north. South of there the forecast is even more, 4 to 6 inches.

Did your folks make it home all right?

Projecting 3-5 inches here tomorrow. Winter storm warning from 9 a.m. to midnight.

Wayne, what part of Lawrence County are you in. I had family in Town Creek.

Wayne, what part of Lawrence County are you in. I had family in Town Creek.

Grew up in Hatton, just 6 miles from Town Creek, our biggest rival. Moved to Moulton when my grandfather died in 1968 and my dad bought his farm. I live about 5 miles east of Moulton now or about 12 miles west of Decatur. If you ever get up this way, we have a great steak house in Moulton.

My uncle was principal at Hazlewood until he died n 1968. My aunt outlived him by forty years, died in 2008. I don't know that I have ever been colder than at graveside at her funeral.

Looks like the snow line is Tuscaloosa > Birmingham > Anniston, anything North of this is getting snow.

It's been raining a few hours in Dallas, sounds like its turning to sleet now, expected to turn to snow any minute.

snow39.jpg

1:45 p.m. and snow flakes as large as a quarter falling. Very pretty. Temperature is 34 degrees. Sticking a little on the grass but nothing on the roads yet.

I measured almost 7 inches

I've seen that this morning on the roads, in my backyard, etc...but, in the form of rain.

High tide, weather coming in off the ocean, and raining A LOT...

Dollars to donuts I'll pump—well, the pump will pump—18,000+ gallons of water out of my backyard this morning.

Fizzled here. Under an inch in North Shelby County, and no travel issues here. Parts of Jefferson have some travel issues. Blount, Cullman and Walker counties got lots of snow, enough to shut down travel yesterday afternoon, and on into the morning today.

Back
Top Bottom