| FTBL Way too early bowl projections

Funny how the preseason press is regarding Arkansas as a possible top ten team, yet they place as the SEC no.8 (where they should be) in the bowls? Arkansas will not survive the SEC this year... that program is a mess.

Interesting that Hawaii gets the Sugar Bowl bid over an SEC team. Hawaii does have a chance to have an undefeated season, with probably the easiest schedule in America. With the wierd system in place, it would be sad to see the Sugar Bowl end up that way. A playoff needs to be in the making. You mine as well state that if any team in some of the weak conferences in America run the table, they will never be awarded the chance to play for the NC (insert '04 AU jokes here). Not that any team with that type of schedule should... but a playoff would at least test these teams against some of the better conferences (Boise St. against Oklahoma).

As far as Alabama is concerned, or any SEC team for that matter, it is going to be an uncertain and wierd season. There doesn't seem to be the usual 2-4 teams that are dominant in each division. Kentucky is actually loaded this year, Vandy gets better each season, Bama has a new protocol in the program, Georgia seems talented but inconsistent, South Carolina seems to play harder, etc etc. Alot of unknowns. Basically a freakin blood bath of a conference. It seems that the SEC might not be well represented in the bowls this year, which is only the result of playing in the toughest conference in college football.

I do agree that Bama has a great chance at getting a higher bowl bid (depending on alot of things) with the great home schedule they have.

vatz22au said:
Interesting that Hawaii gets the Sugar Bowl bid over an SEC team. Hawaii does have a chance to have an undefeated season, with probably the easiest schedule in America. With the wierd system in place, it would be sad to see the Sugar Bowl end up that way.

The reason why Hawaii gets the Sugar is because LSU is in the NC game(doubt it).

Barners have no right to talk about an "easy schedule". Does The Citadel, Buffalo, Arky State, and Ball State ring a bell? Hawaii has a legit reason to schedule crappy teams, what has been the Barns excuse the last 5 years?

Hero said:
vatz22au said:
Interesting that Hawaii gets the Sugar Bowl bid over an SEC team. Hawaii does have a chance to have an undefeated season, with probably the easiest schedule in America. With the wierd system in place, it would be sad to see the Sugar Bowl end up that way.

The reason why Hawaii gets the Sugar is because LSU is in the NC game(doubt it).

Barners have no right to talk about an "easy schedule". Does The Citadel, Buffalo, Arky State, and Ball State ring a bell? Hawaii has a legit reason to schedule crappy teams, what has been the Barns excuse the last 5 years?

We don't play in the WAC? Don't paint such a beautiful picture for yourself there.

National Title Game: Southern Cal vs. West Virginia
SEC Champions: Georgia Bulldogs
Big 12 Champions: Oklahoma Sooners
Big 10 Champions: Michigan Wolverines
ACC Champions: Florida State

Outback Bowl: (9-3)Alabama vs. (9-3)Ohio State

Hawaii will have 1 loss.
LSU will win the west, lose 2 times.
Aub/Ala will have combined 18-6 records in regular season.

Just some random stuff up there to look at as the season unfolds. :D

vatz22au said:
Hero said:
vatz22au said:

We don't play in the WAC? Don't paint such a beautiful picture for yourself there.

past few years it seemed like the Barn was playing CUSA or SOCON ball just by looking at your nonconf sched.

I find it funny that Tenn schedules Notre Dame and Cal, Vandy schedules Michigan, we schedule FSU and few years back OU, State schedules WVU, and the entire conference with the exception of the barn schedules top notch teams, and a barner is going talk crap about an easy schedule? leave the critiquing of schedules to the teams that play BCS caliber opponents.

rolltyroll said:

Hawaii will have 1 loss.

I agree. I like UH this year but I think they lose to Boise State.

Hero said:
vatz22au said:
Hero said:
vatz22au said:

past few years it seemed like the Barn was playing CUSA or SOCON ball just by looking at your nonconf sched.

I find it funny that Tenn schedules Notre Dame and Cal, Vandy schedules Michigan, we schedule FSU and few years back OU, State schedules WVU, and the entire conference with the exception of the barn schedules top notch teams, and a barner is going talk crap about an easy schedule? leave the critiquing of schedules to the teams that play BCS caliber opponents.

How about playing LSU? Georgia? Florida? Washington St.? Kansas St.? New Mexico St.? Hell I'll throw in South Florida as they upset West Virginia last season, and I also believe in '08 we play West Virginia.

Want to compare teams who play a tough OOC schedule? Check out the LSU '03 NC team's schedule. Almost identical to the '04 Auburn OOC schedule. Guess they can't talk about the WAC right?

Don't even get me started on Bama's '06 OOC schedule.

Regardless, you went into this topic without even reading objectively and staying on track.. You brought a point which simplified states," Auburn played some weak OOC teams in previous years so this barner can't critique a Hawaii team that probably doesn't play one ranked opponent." Awesome logic.

Besides, when you play 3-4 top ten teams a year, with maybe 6 teams total that are in the top 25 just within the conference... I'm not so sure your point even holds.

So basically, damn right I can look at Hawaii's schedule and laugh. Any team that plays in this conference has that right.

Hero said:
vatz22au said:

Barners have no right to talk about an "easy schedule". Does The Citadel, Buffalo, Arky State, and Ball State ring a bell? Hawaii has a legit reason to schedule crappy teams, what has been the Barns excuse the last 5 years?[/quote]

Same as Bama's I guess. Watch that falling glass. :D

porkchop said:
I don't see LSU in the championship game. Miles will ensure they lose to someone (if not a couple of teams) this year.

I agree chop! If you have any doubts about Miles just check out the AU game last year. Terrible coaching!

I'll give AU credit because it was a home game and AU was bringing it, but just watch the end of the game. That bogus call by the refs aside the play calling at the end of that game was atrocious. He had several chances there at the end when they had to score and not ONCE did they go to the end zone. :shock:

porkchop said:
I don't see LSU in the championship game. Miles will ensure they lose to someone (if not a couple of teams) this year.
Hey porkchop, Have you took a look at LSU schedule?. I think is very easy (all big games at Death Valley except Bama game), but I think also if LSU doesn't get anything big this season, Les Miles will have lost his credit as LSU coach... It's clearly LSU's year, but...

Hero said:
rolltyroll said:

Hawaii will have 1 loss.

whoa whoa!!! we lost to BSU the past 2 seasons on last second plays by them, this year they bring back 2 starters on D and only Ian Johnson and a few lineman on offense, they stand no chance against a UH team that brings every key athlete back!!! and adding a few parade all americans to. Boise will get rocked in the islands

UHWarriorFan said:
Hero said:
rolltyroll said:

Hawaii will have 1 loss.

whoa whoa!!! we lost to BSU the past 2 seasons on last second plays by them, this year they bring back 2 starters on D and only Ian Johnson and a few lineman on offense, they stand no chance against a UH team that brings every key athlete back!!! and adding a few parade all americans to. Boise will get rocked in the islands

i like the way you think... go warriors!!! im tired of boise state.

Back
Top Bottom