| FTBL Vols Fan

We are always happy to have fans of other teams posting here. This is THE best Alabama forum and I think you will find most of the members respectful, insightful and friendly.

Welcome aboard!

Swamptick said:
We are always happy to have fans of other teams posting here. This is THE best Alabama forum and I think you will find most of the members respectful, insightful and friendly.

Welcome aboard!

Great!
A Miss St board I went to treated me horrible, I was done with them just two days into it. Went looking for a preview for my site and ran into my first real trouble. Everywhere else I've gone they have been great. Glad to hear the same here.

Hi, I'm back for the week also.

Looking to get some insight into what Saban has changed regarding Bama's style of play. So far, I've only seen two games on TV, the Arkansas and Georgia games.

Things didn't look all that different to me from what Shula was trying to accomplish on the field. What differences have you guys noticed?

Volmania said:

Things didn't look all that different to me from what Shula was trying to accomplish on the field. What differences have you guys noticed?

I'm not too sure if this may actually be a dig, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So here are the differences I see:

Coach Saban isn't handing out ice cream cones and the jumbo package has faced extinction. Fourth quarters are beginning to be enjoyable again.

Volmania said:

Looking to get some insight into what Saban has changed regarding Bama's style of play. So far, I've only seen two games on TV, the Arkansas and Georgia games.

Another Vol! :)
Check out my site and tell me what you think. Actually I hope you all do. Just not too many votes for Bama :lol:

Wonder what would happen if I changed my avatar to this Saban "move"
SabanHit_output.gif

:D Had to throw that one in
Nothing bad

Volmania said:

-The base offense is now a one-back set. The O-Line plays more physical. The TE is more involved in the passing game, more screen passes as well. More toss sweeps and off tackle runs than under Shula. More aggressive in the redzone, and more successful in the redzone than under Shula.

-The defense is more aggressive overall. They play more man-to-man than probably any other team in the SEC. The front 7 has had trouble getting pressure at times, but has looked better lately. Depth on defense is a major concern. The defense will give up big plays in the passing game, and is inconsistent against the run, especially later in games. IMO, Saban has not blitzed as much this season as he did at LSU, but we might see more of that soon.

-Overall, the special teams are MUCH improved from where they were under Shula's guidance. The coverage and return teams are very solid. FG kicking is shaky.

I think the Vols win the game, but I think it goes down to the wire. Should be a goodie.

Back
Top Bottom