| FTBL Voice your opinion ... NOW!

4) Should college football have a playoff system?

85.5% Yes

14.5% No

I'd like to ask the 14% do you sniff paint!

10) As a fan, which better describes your take on the current state of affairs?

59.4% It's a complete joke and an embarrassment.

40.6% It's great drama and makes for good debate.

Total Votes: 278,338

HUH! 60 vs 40 my god people are dumb! Makes for good drama how so, when we will never know who's the best! Anytime you have a team like OSU in the mix with all the tough opponents that they have faced :roll: makes me sick to even see them in the BCS game. It's a joke IMO

Opponents vs OSU

Sat, Sep 01 Youngstown State
Sat, Sep 08 Akron
Sat, Sep 15 Washington
Sat, Sep 22 Northwestern *
Sat, Sep 29 Minnesota *
Sat, Oct 06 Purdue *
Sat, Oct 13 Kent State
Sat, Oct 20 Michigan State
Sat, Oct 27 Penn State *
Sat, Nov 03 Wisconsin *
Sat, Nov 10 Illinois *
Sat, Nov 17 Michigan *
* Conference Games tough Conference huh!

LMAO what a joke IMO kent state? Akron? YSU? NW? Minn? :roll:

Optimus said:

85.5% Yes

14.5% No

HUH! 60 vs 40 my god people are dumb! Makes for good drama how so, when we will never know who's the best! Anytime you have a team like OSU in the mix with all the tough opponents that they have faced :roll: makes me sick to even see them in the BCS game. It's a joke IMO

Opponents vs OSU

Sat, Sep 08 Akron
Sat, Sep 15 Washington
Sat, Sep 29 Minnesota *
Sat, Oct 06 Purdue *
Sat, Oct 13 Kent State
Sat, Oct 27 Penn State *
Sat, Nov 03 Wisconsin *
Sat, Nov 10 Illinois *
Sat, Nov 17 Michigan *

Did the first 10,000 fans through the gate receive free twinkies and creampuffs? Jeesh.. yes, they beat who they played, but if Alabama loads up their schedule with B'ham Southern, Samford, Jax St, Troy St and Miles College, are you really going to be THAT impressed?

Hightideiscoming said:
Optimus said:

85.5% Yes

14.5% No

Opponents vs OSU

Sat, Sep 08 Akron
Sat, Sep 15 Washington
Sat, Sep 29 Minnesota *
Sat, Oct 06 Purdue *
Sat, Oct 13 Kent State
Sat, Oct 27 Penn State *
Sat, Nov 03 Wisconsin *
Sat, Nov 10 Illinois *
Sat, Nov 17 Michigan *

Did the first 10,000 fans through the gate receive free twinkies and creampuffs? Jeesh.. yes, they beat who they played, but if Alabama loads up their schedule with B'ham Southern, Samford, Jax St, Troy St and Miles College, are you really going to be THAT impressed?

Who do we play out of conference?

Louisiana Monroe, Western Carolina, Houston, and FSU. 2 softies, one mediocre, and one solid team (although they aren't even THAT strong). Are YOU impressed with those? I'm impressed with Houston's offense, but that's about it. Not that impressed with FSU either. It's not like we load up. We face some goodens in conference, but outside of that? Meh.

DustyG said:
Outlaw said:
They beat who they face.

So did Hawi'i. Do you think they should play for the MNC?

You're putting words into my mouth sport. I never said I thought OSU should be playing for the NC. I simply said they have beaten who they have faced.

Outlaw said:
Hightideiscoming said:
Optimus said:

85.5% Yes

14.5% No

Opponents vs OSU

Sat, Sep 08 Akron
Sat, Sep 15 Washington
Sat, Sep 29 Minnesota *
Sat, Oct 06 Purdue *
Sat, Oct 13 Kent State
Sat, Oct 27 Penn State *
Sat, Nov 03 Wisconsin *
Sat, Nov 10 Illinois *
Sat, Nov 17 Michigan *

Louisiana Monroe, Western Carolina, Houston, and FSU. 2 softies, one mediocre, and one solid team (although they aren't even THAT strong). Are YOU impressed with those? I'm impressed with Houston's offense, but that's about it. Not that impressed with FSU either. It's not like we load up. We face some goodens in conference, but outside of that? Meh.

DustyG said:
Outlaw said:
They beat who they face.

You're putting words into my mouth sport. I never said I thought OSU should be playing for the NC. I simply said they have beaten who they have faced.

If you remember I was asking why the hell we were playing those team in the first place? After this season I'm scared to ask how we lost to one of them!

I don't mind playing those when we play LSU, Auburn, UT, UGA, and Arkansas. You would think OSU would have to schedule some toughies, but the media love them.

My original post meant that it's hard for me to take anything away from a bunch of 18-22 year olds when all they do is beat who they face. :oops:

Outlaw said:
Hightideiscoming said:
Optimus said:

85.5% Yes

14.5% No

Opponents vs OSU

Sat, Sep 08 Akron
Sat, Sep 15 Washington
Sat, Sep 29 Minnesota *
Sat, Oct 06 Purdue *
Sat, Oct 13 Kent State
Sat, Oct 27 Penn State *
Sat, Nov 03 Wisconsin *
Sat, Nov 10 Illinois *
Sat, Nov 17 Michigan *

DustyG said:
Outlaw said:
They beat who they face.

I totally agree with you Outlaw on your assessment of UA's out of conference schedule. Its definitely not a bunch of top 10 teams. OSU's in conference teams seemed a bit subpar this year. Not exactly "challenging."

Back
Top Bottom