| NEWS USC and UCLA Leaves Pac-12 to Join Big Ten in 2024

The Rose Bowl will continue to be an attractive post season event. But, since its inclusion in the CFP, and the mediocrity of the Pac12, the appeal of the B1G - Pac12 matchup is gone. It wouldn’t surprise me if the traditional matchup is tossed and they somehow go for “best available matchup.” Conference tie-ins for other bowls will make that difficult, everything is changing so bowls will need to change as well.
Only attractive due to the bazillion dollar payout IMO… the Rose Bowl has been dead for years, they just don’t know it yet. :p

Not until after 2036 (unless ND wants to pay $$$$$$$$$$$ to break their ACC contract).

There are outs in the grant of rights agreement. From what I've heard they can make up any buy out money in two years if it goes that way.
So you will see them in the B1G or SEC way before 2036.

There are outs in the grant of rights agreement. From what I've heard they can make up any buy out money in two years if it goes that way.
So you will see them in the B1G or SEC way before 2036.
Rumor has it that it would cost $100 million with the best lawyers to get out of their ACC agreement. Their NBC TV contract pays them $15 million which is about $10 million less than being a full-fledged ACC member.

Rumor has it that it would cost $100 million with the best lawyers to get out of their ACC agreement. Their NBC TV contract pays them $15 million which is about $10 million less than being a full-fledged ACC member.

I understand one of the outs is if the number of teams in the ACC drops below a certain number there is no buy out. There are other outs as well. They will be in one of the two conferences in 2-4 years that's just the way it is it will happen.

Sometimes Reddit comes up with really good info. From a WVU fan on how these long distance realignments hurt more than help the game. Might have to click through to really read it as it is a screen capture of a long post.

FWs6UHyXwAAL28g

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes Reddit comes up with really good info. From a WVU fan on how these long distance realignments hurt more than help the game. Might have to click through to really read it as it is a screen capture of a long post.

Getting into and out of anywhere in West Virginia is a challenge. As a result, no one wants to go to a game in WV and no one can get out of WV to go to Lubbock, Austin, Soonerville or any other B12 location. Yes, it’s tough to establish a rivalry when you struggle to win 50% of your games. Other than Kansas State, who has a rivalry with Kansas?

Yep. Its all just another thing discarded.....the filling an opponent’s stadium....
Selling all 8-12 thousand tickets...taking the band......having a great rivalry....
Bama - A$M will never be a Bama-Tennessee.....and Missouri....who gives a shit about Missouri...

USCw and UCLA...to Big 10.... The new stupidity .....
It makes so little real sense...

What the money mongers are doing to our great sport...

What the money mongers are doing to our great sport...
Let's move to the BCS system playoffs bigger playoffs. Look at the money it'll bring to the table.

<Hindsight has entered the chat.>

People are complaining about how college football has lost its regional appeal. A section of this group also complain about bowl games referring to them as meaningless.

Those bowl games were based on the best teams found in a region. This group shouldn't be allowed to complain about how football has lost its regional appeal if they're also in the other boat.

No better case in point than the Rose Bowl: a game that decided which conference had the best football teams when they lined their champions up to face one another. In that regard, its now meaningless because these schools are "jockeying" for position in the expanded playoffs.

Let's move to the BCS system playoffs bigger playoffs. Look at the money it'll bring to the table.

<Hindsight has entered the chat.>

People are complaining about how college football has lost its regional appeal. A section of this group also complain about bowl games referring to them as meaningless.

Those bowl games were based on the best teams found in a region. This group shouldn't be allowed to complain about how football has lost its regional appeal if they're also in the other boat.

No better case in point than the Rose Bowl: a game that decided which conference had the best football teams when they lined their champions up to face one another. In that regard, its now meaningless because these schools are "jockeying" for position in the expanded playoffs.

Well....lot of difference between "conference killing" and expanding CFPs...
Regional appeal? Been very little with additions...

CFPs have made CF more exciting.....and a few more teams participating....well..thats exciting also....

And mostof "bowls" are so meaningless...so much some players dont even want in...

We have different takes...I dont like OK or TX in SEC...or Missouri or A$M...

Nobody asked me though...

CFPs have made CF more exciting.....and a few more teams participating....well..thats exciting also....

And mostof "bowls" are so meaningless...so much some players dont even want in...

Mizzou adds nothing to the SEC zero, nada, zip

The push to move to the BCS from the old bowl system, as well as the two voting bodies for championships, marked the birth of the things people point to as killing the game.

The push to move to the BCS from the old bowl system, as well as the two voting bodies for championships, marked the birth of the things people point to as killing the game.

Ummmmm.
Ok. To me. Things were clipping along ok
Pretty exciting football With BCS and CFPs ( with 4 teams).

But with chages and more and more money to be made. And then NIl and transfer portal ( even though its worked for bama) things changed.

But I remember my dad and grandfather talking about changes. And how some affected the game.

So many changes i dont like and think it will never be same
But things do change.

Back
Top Bottom