| FTBL Alabama's season ending awards and team captains named...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Team banquet was held tonight... award winners and captains named...

Unsung Hero Award
To the player who has made significant contributions to the success of the team and received the least recognition for it
Trey Amos, Malik Benson, CJ Dippre, Jah-Marien Latham, Trezmen Marshall, Kobe Prentice, Kristian Story

Outstanding Senior Scholar
To the senior with the highest GPA
Justin Eboigbe, Seth McLaughlin, Will Reichard

Commitment to Academic Excellence Award
To the player who has demonstrated the greatest commitment and achievement in his academic endeavors during the previous year
James Brockermeyer, Kool-Aid McKinstry, Jalen Milroe, Shawn Murphy, DeVonta Smith

Iron Man Award
To the player(s) who have shown the most dedication to the individual and team goals of the Crimson Tide's year-round strength and conditioning program
Caleb Downs, Tim Keenan III, Jam Miller, Jaeden Roberts

Most Inspiring Player

To the player who affects the whole team by his attitude as well as his performance (voted on by the players)
Jalen Milroe

Pat Trammell Award
To a senior player whose character and contributions to the Alabama Football Team most personify the All-American youth of today and has reflected qualities of Integrity, Character, Importance of Academics and Inspirational Leadership during their time at Alabama
Justin Eboigbe, Malachi Moore, Roydell Williams

Outstanding Defensive Performer
To the player with the most tackles/points
Chris Braswell, Caleb Downs, Deontae Lawson, Dallas Turner

Up-Front Award
To the outstanding lineman from each unit
Tyler Booker, Tim Keenan III, JC Latham, Jaheim Oatis

Defensive Achievement Award
To the player who has played a critical role in the effectiveness of this unit
Terrion Arnold, Jihaad Campbell, Jaylen Key, Tim Smith

Offensive Achievement Award
To the player who has played a critical role in the effectiveness of this unit
Isaiah Bond, Kendrick Law, Amari Niblack, Kadyn Proctor

President's Award
To a player from each unit who has shown perseverance in making outstanding contributions to the team's success
Malachi Moore, Robbie Ouzts, Damon Payne Jr., Roydell Williams

Jefferson County Distinguished Alumnus Award
A former player who has exemplified the principles, values, character and attitude that make a person successful either during a particular life experience or over a period of time
Ricky Davis

Special Teams Player of the Year Award
To the most valuable special teams player
James Burnip, Kneeland Hibbett, Will Reichard, Quandarrius Robinson

Offensive Player of the Year Award
To the most valuable offensive player
Jermaine Burton, Jase McClellan, Jalen Milroe

Defensive Player of the Year Award
To the most valuable defensive player
Kool-Aid McKinstry, Dallas Turner

Most Valuable Player Award
To the overall most valuable player on the team (voted on by the players)
Jalen Milroe

Captain Awards
To the players elected by their teammates as permanent team captains (voted on by the players)
Jalen Milroe, Malachi Moore, Dallas Turner

IMG_6281.jpeg

Burnip punted his ass off for us this year. He never got tge recognition he deserved for flipping the field after years of bad results from the position.

I feel like Terrion Arnold exemplified Captain material. He was a beast at corner. He was targeted far more than anyone else due to Kool-Aid on the other side. He never stayed blocked and always came to hit. Just a guy we probably came close to losing a year or two ago to Portal that has become an All-American in my eyes. He speaks very well and has a great personality. His relationship with Miss Terry also shows a lot about him as I'm sure that simply isn't something every player cultivates.

All that being said, good awards for the team. Congratulations to all them boys for their achievements.

Burnip punted his ass off for us this year. He never got tge recognition he deserved for flipping the field after years of bad results from the position.

I feel like Terrion Arnold exemplified Captain material. He was a beast at corner. He was targeted far more than anyone else due to Kool-Aid on the other side. He never stayed blocked and always came to hit. Just a guy we probably came close to losing a year or two ago to Portal that has become an All-American in my eyes. He speaks very well and has a great personality. His relationship with Miss Terry also shows a lot about him as I'm sure that simply isn't something every player cultivates.

All that being said, good awards for the team. Congratulations to all them boys for their achievements.
Yeah, I think the time will come for Arnold and Downs. Moore, as a senior leader back there, got the nod, I think appropriately.

FWIW, Arnold is getting 1st round grades from some teams... would imagine his feedback grade from the NFL Advisory Committee will match that. In other words... He gone.

That was a concern of mine. He's better than Kool-Aid to me and I've said it before the season started. If he stayed, you have a Top 10 guy next year, so maybe that will help him.

If he does go, how has Desmond Ricks looked? That 6'2 size is why I wanted him to come to us. Over LSU is icing on the cake.

FWIW, Arnold is getting 1st round grades from some teams... would imagine his feedback grade from the NFL Advisory Committee will match that. In other words... He gone.
Really happy for him to be honest. There were some that thought he was out of position his first year and felt he should be a safety. He has really worked hard to improve his game. I think the reputation that Koolaid came with made opponents tend to target Arnold more.

Back
Top Bottom