| MBB/WBB UPDATE 9/29: New Patch article: Pre-Trial Immunity Hearing For Darius Miles Started Today

Well no, I don't think he knew a girl would die, but he knew a bullet could fly. Otherwise, why bring the gun if you don't know what could happen. Gonna bring a baseball to play basketball with? So why bring a gun to a confrontation? Why associate no matter what the hell is going on when you're a Top 5 pick with that $20M waiting. Call Coach Oats and have him de-ecscalate.
Good point, BUT we can’t look at it through our “seasoned” eyes. We have to look at it through the eyes of these 18-21 year olds. They say the human brain doesn’t fully develop until age 25. Add that with this generation that has “no regard for human life” or has no clue as to how to de-escalate a situation, then you get what we have here. Another senseless tragedy.

Why associate no matter what the hell is going on when you're a Top 5 pick with that $20M waiting. Call Coach Oats and have him de-ecscalate.
@BamaFan334 you know I try to never agree with you but have to on this one. That is the logical and right thing to do. No idea how he would not be thinking this could escalate and jeapordize my NBA career. Mind boggling.... I guess legally you can't charge someone for what you think they were thinking. Has to be some kind of evidence. He is certainly guilty of being stupid as a minimum.

I little different take, my wife used to run an after school program with minorities from the projects. She said that a lot of the kids told her they felt like they needed to carry a gun for self defense. Hard for me to understand but that was the first thing she thought when I mentioned the situation to her.

I little different take, my wife used to run an after school program with minorities from the projects. She said that a lot of the kids told her they felt like they needed to carry a gun for self defense. Hard for me to understand but that was the first thing she thought when I mentioned the situation to her.

Yeah, I understand that feeling. But this is also not Memphis, Chicago, or Flint. This is a predominate middle-upper middle class university town with lots of money in it. I never felt the need to pack heat on campus. Now over on Skyland a little bit back, sure.

Yeah, I understand that feeling. But this is also not Memphis, Chicago, or Flint. This is a predominate middle-upper middle class university town with lots of money in it. I never felt the need to pack heat on campus. Now over on Skyland a little bit back, sure.
What do we know about where Miles/Davis came from. No idea if that mindset would have been part of the environment they came from.

Forgive the Finebaum link, it goes against my own personal policy. I’ve seen nothing more than this clip, but I think it’s worthy of sharing in the thread. I know there were come comments earlier about Carol Robinson, but she does good work. One of only 1 or 2 people under the Al.com banner that I’d say that about.

It’s hard to tell if she’s being misquoted or what be the story she says on the show and the one from the article are seemingly not the same words

Sooooo, as more information comes available, Miller was told to bring Miles gun back to him. Of which, Miller drove his vehicle that had the gun in the backseat & Miles took it out himself.

On one hand Miller could be viewed as inflaming the situation.
OR
On the other hand Miller took the gun away at first but after Miles insisted, Miller returned but did NOT touch the weapon.

HOWEVER, this is all due to what Miles did. Clearly, he is responsible. Lets stop assigning responsibility of someone else's actions to a bystander. Or to someone who may or may not have disparaged the situation. Certainly, Miller had better options. But that doesn't make him an accessory. There are 1000's of scenarios that come to mind when hind site is 20/20.

Sooooo, as more information comes available, Miller was told to bring Miles gun back to him. Of which, Miller drove his vehicle that had the gun in the backseat & Miles took it out himself.

OR
On the other hand Miller took the gun away at first but after Miles insisted, Miller returned but did NOT touch the weapon.

HOWEVER, this is all due to what Miles did. Clearly, he is responsible. Lets stop assigning responsibility of someone else's actions to a bystander. Or to someone who may or may not have disparaged the situation. Certainly, Miller had better options. But that doesn't make him an accessory. There are 1000's of scenarios that come to mind when hind site is 20/20.

Would a good lawyer be able to successfully argue this in civil court, say later this summer?

OR

I have read where Miller and another basketball player pinned in the victims cars when they pulled up.

I have read where Miller and another basketball player pinned in the victims cars when they pulled up.

I am not sure what you are saying. Miller used his vehicle to bookend the victims in their car?

Would you mind sharing your source?

Is there anyone going on record for this account?

These matters shouldn't be perpetuated by hearsay/gossip. There needs to be source material. If any of us were accused or caught in the crossfire of such things, we'd want the truth to be purported not mere speculation.

Oh, I guess I have wandered onto the Communist China Bama message board where the presumption of innocense is thrown out the window and people are judged, condemned and villified based on people's opinions, assumptions and prejudgments. EVEN when there is actually no evidence supporting those assumptions other than their own personal prejudgments. I just don't understand why people are so anxious and eager to condemn others.

This is an internet discussion board. This place is all about hearsay/gossip/opinions. We're not submitting articles for a peer-reviewed research journal.

View attachment 23542

My opinion on the matter at hand or other issues is just as pertinent as yours. I just try to substantiate my opinion with actual sources & clear material as opposed to the hearsay/gossip garbage that you're perpetuating/trolling. And anyone's hearsay/gossip/opinion is open to the forum's members for full examination & scrutiny. If you don't like it, leave.

My opinion on the matter at hand or other issues is just as pertinent as yours. I just try to substantiate my opinion with actual sources & clear material as opposed to the hearsay/gossip garbage that you're perpetuating/trolling. And anyone's hearsay/gossip/opinion is open to the forum's members for full examination & scrutiny. If you don't like it, leave.
I didn't say your opinion wasn't "pertinent." You're the one telling folks how to post. I'm just shooting the crap like we were standing around the water cooler at work.

Back
Top Bottom