| RECRUIT Ummm..... Nebraska?

We talked a little about this in the other thread on recruiting and I've reiterated this for the last year or so.

Georgia is now having to deal with anti-recruiting. Before they were dealing with recruiting and poaching players from other schools at will, while trying to keep Saban out of Georgia and snag good recruits from Bama when they could.

Now they have people picking their pockets, they have other schools coming after their top recruits saying "Georgia doesn't have room for you on the roster" "Georgia mismanaged multiple careers of good quarterbacks or receivers" "Georgia is just a farm, you're just another guy to them, come be our special player and star leader for the next 4 years" same stuff Bama has dealt with for about the last 5-6 years. About time people started to push after their 5-star players more.

We talked a little about this in the other thread on recruiting and I've reiterated this for the last year or so.

Georgia is now having to deal with anti-recruiting. Before they were dealing with recruiting and poaching players from other schools at will, while trying to keep Saban out of Georgia and snag good recruits from Bama when they could.

Now they have people picking their pockets, they have other schools coming after their top recruits saying "Georgia doesn't have room for you on the roster" "Georgia mismanaged multiple careers of good quarterbacks or receivers" "Georgia is just a farm, you're just another guy to them, come be our special player and star leader for the next 4 years" same stuff Bama has dealt with for about the last 5-6 years. About time people started to push after their 5-star players more.
giphy (19).gif

This reminds me of how, in 1980, UGA Basketball HC Hugh Durham convinced Dominique Wilkins to sign with Georgia rather than NCSU. Told him, "You go there and you become the second David Thompson. You come here and you become the first Dominique Wilkins."

Here's the entire Fans Message:

It’s being reported that Raiola will visit Nebraska on Friday. I assume that he’ll take the 2:21 Delta flight, which is also the last flight of the day to the state. Therefore, if this flight gets cancelled, he likely won’t be able to make the trip, and will stay committed to UGA. Obviously messing with commercial flights is a slippery slope, so I’m not suggesting that anybody does anything illegal, but does anyone here work for Delta?

If some loyal UGA pilots or flight attendants to call in sick at the last minute, the flight could be cancelled and we could keep Raiola. Maybe someone working could hold the flight up for “maintenance” issues? At the very least, he could “lose his checked bags” so he’d have to experience the Nebraska winter without a jacket.

I’m just spitballing ideas, but if anyone has anything else, those would also be appreciated.

I've been eating up the copium from the Georgia fans this morning:

We have Beck coming back and Gunner Stockton is looking like a hell of a starter once he's gone

We have a much better transfer QB we have our eyes on anyways

He was a locker room problem, his agent was trying to leverage more money from Georgia, we dodged a bullet here.

-----

They as in the football program and fans, don't know what to do now that recruiting isn't coming as easy as anticipated.

Nebraska had their moment in the sun...and it was a long moment...

For us older fans...

Bama -Nebraska in 60s...70s
I was actually at orange bowl in 65 (season) game....incredible game

For a dedicated fan base...they deserve something good...
That's how I feel about them as well. They haven't been a national title contender for well over 20 years now, and that fanbase is still as passionate as ever. They sell out for their home games, they travel well for the away games, they buy all their merchandise and whatever else for that program. They deserve to be good again. Also, you were at that game? That's awesome. That was before Tom Osborne, right? I think the coach was Devaney.... but I'm not entirely sure.

Here's the entire Fans Message:

It’s being reported that Raiola will visit Nebraska on Friday. I assume that he’ll take the 2:21 Delta flight, which is also the last flight of the day to the state. Therefore, if this flight gets cancelled, he likely won’t be able to make the trip, and will stay committed to UGA. Obviously messing with commercial flights is a slippery slope, so I’m not suggesting that anybody does anything illegal, but does anyone here work for Delta?

If some loyal UGA pilots or flight attendants to call in sick at the last minute, the flight could be cancelled and we could keep Raiola. Maybe someone working could hold the flight up for “maintenance” issues? At the very least, he could “lose his checked bags” so he’d have to experience the Nebraska winter without a jacket.

I’m just spitballing ideas, but if anyone has anything else, those would also be appreciated.

hes-joking-right-is-he-serious.gif

That's how I feel about them as well. They haven't been a national title contender for well over 20 years now, and that fanbase is still as passionate as ever. They sell out for their home games, they travel well for the away games, they buy all their merchandise and whatever else for that program. They deserve to be good again. Also, you were at that game? That's awesome. That was before Tom Osborne, right? I think the coach was Devaney.... but I'm not entirely sure.

Good time as a young un

IMG_3178.png

Back
Top Bottom