| GAME THREAD UGA vs Alabama: Bama downs Georgia 41-24

You aren't beating Alabama with a walkon quarterback
It wasn't the "walk-on" bit that kept hitting me about Stetson before this game. It was a mixture of history and knowing what's been going on in Athens as well as that QB room.
I'm having a hard time separating Lambert and Stetson going into tonight's game.
On page one I mentioned Greyson Lambert. Friday, Friday night, and after watching the previews early yesterday I just couldn't get him out of my head. Everything I was hearing and seeing mirrored 2015. The end result did as well.

It wasn't the "walk-on" bit that kept hitting me about Stetson before this game. It was a mixture of history and knowing what's been going on in Athens as well as that QB room.

On page one I mentioned Greyson Lambert. Friday, Friday night, and after watching the previews early yesterday I just couldn't get him out of my head. Everything I was hearing and seeing mirrored 2015. The end result did as well.
My big "worry" all along was how poorly our D had played especially in the OM game. As I was watching the game it became evident that our strategy needed to be stop the run and make the QB beat us. I had seen enough even in the first half to feel good about that strategy. I would be VERY surprised if we see Stetson as the starting QB the next time we see UGA. Of course this assumes we take care of our business which in 2020 is not a guarantee with all the crazy stuff that can happen.

Action shots via USA Today.
adaedd15-4c46-472c-bd96-8780304e1cd2-USATSI_15083025.jpg

cb23e0a5-82cd-4f7c-8857-5c232dd758f5-USATSI_15082270.jpg

Seems like UGA scoring and leaving 23 seconds before half and Bama able to march down the field and get a FG was a big deal. Then taking the lead in the 2nd half with the 90 yard TD followed by the interception when it looked like UGA might score. Those three things really swung the momentum for the good guys. The D then played better 2nd half and got some turnovers. Hope they can build on that 2nd half this week against the Viles.

Back
Top Bottom