| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story I'm getting is that list is small for DC because they think once Pruitt is available, they are out the door.
Like with Grantham, I don't think he's offered anyone the job yet, just interviews. It's obvious who Saban wants, and I hope we get good news on him soon.

Me neither. Especially if everyone believes once Pruitt is allowed to be the DC they’ll be out the door
See, that's the thing. If a coach like Leonhard, or Schumann took the job, it's theirs for as long as they want it. Those two are fantastic defensive coordinators, and will be head Coaches soon. Coaches like Grantham, or Steele are good.... but they would most certainly be passed over for Pruitt. I get the feeling Saban is doing everything in his power to get Pruitt back.

If you guys have info that Pruitt is still in play, please share. Word I got is that Saban is not going to hire anyone that may cause a problem for the University.

If you guys have info that Pruitt is still in play, please share. Word I got is that Saban is not going to hire anyone that may cause a problem for the University.
A report came out a few days ago that Saban had reached out, or interviewed (can't remember which one) Pruitt about the job. And what you heard (if true) could be a double edged sword. Pruitt's case wouldn't bring any trouble to Alabama so long as he doesn't cause anymore infractions. Even with the show-case, if he gets it.... he can still coach, just can't recruit. And who better to monitor that than Saban? Plus, I'm sure Pruitt would do everything he could not to cause trouble for the program if he were to be brought back. We'll just have to wait and see.

Pruitt is not an option.
He still is. Just a lot to go through to get him back. At this point, I feel Saban is still trying to get him. This DC hiring process has been as silent as I've ever seen. If he wanted Grantham to be the guy, he would've been the guy. I don't think Saban offered him the job. If not Pruitt, I sincerely don't know who'd be his top choice right now.

Well, I’m not someone “in the know” but it appears to me the cream of the crop don’t appear to be chomping at the bit or lining up at the door to become a coordinator at Bama.

Pruitt's case wouldn't bring any trouble to Alabama so long as he doesn't cause anymore infractions. Even with the show-case, if he gets it.... he can still coach, just can't recruit.
He very well could as has been pointed out several times in this thread.

If he's suspended like Freeze, he'd miss games.

If it's a restriction on recruiting he's bringing trouble in the form of Saban shooting himself in the foot: he's restricting recruiting.

The terms of the show cause are not standard. It could be a number of things including sanctions that could affect an analyst.

The timeline for UT / NCAA is already out of sorts with no effort to speed things up on the UT end. White mentioned recently he wasn't expecting an announcement around the corner. We're likely looking at April before Pruitt gets his time with the NCAA.

Things now are no different than they were when this thread was started in November of last year. His return to Tuscaloosa is contingent on the decisions from the NCAA—still an unknown

He very well could as has been pointed out several times in this thread.

If he's suspended like Freeze, he'd miss games.

If it's a restriction on recruiting he's bringing trouble in the form of Saban shooting himself in the foot: he's restricting recruiting.

The terms of the show cause are not standard. It could be a number of things including sanctions that could affect an analyst.

The timeline for UT / NCAA is already out of sorts with no effort to speed things up on the UT end. White mentioned recently he wasn't expecting an announcement around the corner. We're likely looking at April before Pruitt gets his time with the NCAA.

Things now are no different than they were when this thread was started in November of last year. His return to Tuscaloosa is contingent on the decisions from the NCAA—still an unknown
A lot of things could very well happen in this case. Im just basing what I said off what the NCAA usually does to a coach if they give them a show-cause. If it's a suspension, whole other thing. I don't think they'll suspend him, but never leave anything off the table when dealing with the NCAA. I wish Tennessee would quit being cunts, and just speed this shit up. They're the biggest douchebag program I've ever seen when it comes to shit like this.

Charles Kelly was named the 247 recruiter of the year for his work this past cycle. With that said, Nick lets him head to NeonVille knowing he needs a DC. OK

My gut tells me Kirby is just waiting for Nick to call Gleen so they can turndown the gig and then have a good ole time with the PR hit to Nick and Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom