| FTBL Tyson Foods releasing "Razorback Nuggets."

Be funnier if "Tyson" chicken had chicken nuggets in the shape of ears.
That's clever.

I'm still just shrugging my shoulders at this whole story. These idiots are going to be spending, what, eight, nine dollars for a bag of something that taste like dried crow meat. (probably, don't know.) All because it looks like a wild hog.

Beef jerky, shaped like an elephant. I might buy that.

That's clever.

I'm still just shrugging my shoulders at this whole story. These idiots are going to be spending, what, eight, nine dollars for a bag of something that taste like dried crow meat. (probably, don't know.) All because it looks like a wild hog.

Beef jerky, shaped like an elephant. I might buy that.
The “food glues” used in binding of reclaimed previously mechanically separated particles …….yum

The “food glues” used in binding of reclaimed previously mechanically separated particles …….yum
Second semester, Humanities 202, New College, Bama. We took a trip to one of their plants.

Cages of chickens stacked upon each other. One went 32 high. Fans, the size of a ...geez, I don't know...prolly 20' or something, just to keep them from dying. Chickens that didn't have their legs because the ones below ate them. The MOST disgusting thing I think I've seen. I didn't eat chicken for damn near a decade after that.

And then I hit organic on just about everything.

Ya wanna hear "a little weird?" I used to buy all my eggs at a monastery. PETA got involved because there were chickens running around fields as free as they could be free, laying eggs, and they were being sold. Just the funniest, and stupidest shit you'll ever see. Or live through.

I buy through this place called Fili-West Farms now. It's great because the meat market I buy at carries their stuff. (Their Creme Fraiche would make you kill someone. It's ... just ... ugh. ) Large eggs? 'Bout three bucks or so for a dozen. However, two of those are like four you'd buy at Publix. Just that filling.

Has it dawned on anyone on this site how much we obsess on food? OR, is it just me?

@Brandon Van de Graaff I'll except your answer.
@It Takes Eleven You are probably eating.
I was. The Hope Farm in Fairhope, it was tasty, and we ended up at the Tongue & Groove Drinkery for drinks and trivia. A good time was had by all.

We're all getting to an age where we can either talk about our maladies, or food. I choose food.

Tongue & Groove Drinkery for drinks and trivia.
I know this name. I can't tell you how other than someone I know has been there and talked about the place. BUT, I want to say this one was around ATL. Same group?

Then again, I have a good friend who lives in Spanish Fort. Maybe he said something about the place. Dunno.
We're all getting to an age where we can either talk about our maladies, or food. I choose food.
No doubt. Coincidentally ...

Got lost a bit yesterday looking at charges on the Discover for restaurants. Jan thought July, right? Then I went back to 2023 just to see ...

It wasn't intentional by any means but I found I ate out about twice as much last year as this year. Then I fell down another hole and realized I've spent roughly 40% more on food I make here at the house.

I just found it a little weird. Unconsciously a change in spending habits and eating routines...and I really never noticed it until yesterday.
IE: I found out last night that Burbage's (meat market) has pork tenderloins at $1.29 lb. I have a road trip to make. That's eight to ten pork chops about an inch thick a piece. Geez...that's probably going to be $13-$15 ... but for what, at least eight meals?

Second semester, Humanities 202, New College, Bama. We took a trip to one of their plants.

Cages of chickens stacked upon each other. One went 32 high. Fans, the size of a ...geez, I don't know...prolly 20' or something, just to keep them from dying. Chickens that didn't have their legs because the ones below ate them. The MOST disgusting thing I think I've seen. I didn't eat chicken for damn near a decade after that.

And then I hit organic on just about everything.

Ya wanna hear "a little weird?" I used to buy all my eggs at a monastery. PETA got involved because there were chickens running around fields as free as they could be free, laying eggs, and they were being sold. Just the funniest, and stupidest shit you'll ever see. Or live through.

I buy through this place called Fili-West Farms now. It's great because the meat market I buy at carries their stuff. (Their Creme Fraiche would make you kill someone. It's ... just ... ugh. ) Large eggs? 'Bout three bucks or so for a dozen. However, two of those are like four you'd buy at Publix. Just that filling.

Those fans were probably made by Big Ass Fans. Quoted work for me before. Do you remember the monastery?

Back
Top Bottom