| FTBL Total Defense

G

Bama is ranked at #3 nationally in the total defense category.

When Coach Saban fully stocks his defense with players that he prefers and has them 2 and three deep, look out.

CtrlAltieDel said:

When Coach Saban fully stocks his defense with players that he prefers and has them 2 and three deep, look out.

Great post and an even better point.

It's funny how little attention this monster (young) defense has gotten.

Swamptick said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

That is true, Swamptick. Not everyone keeps up with the stats like some of us.

For instance, I was at a friends house today and there were a couple of couples over there that I didn't know.

They were great people and long time 'Bama fans. I asked them what they thought about 'Bama's defense and the ranking it has nationally this year.

None of them knew we were #3 in overall defense, but they all knew they were "pretty" good.

'Bama's defense is just so workman like. Plain blue jeans, regular steel toe shoes, and a nice flannel shirt type of workers.

Nothing flashy, no superstars, just rock solid from top to bottom and getting better with every game.

As you say, they don't get a lot of attention, but by God, they are doing their jobs and doing them very well.

Corso is such an idiot. I heard him again today going on about how USC has the best defense ever. He was contending again that USC is the best team in the country and its such a shame they wont play for the NC. All because they shut 2 HORRIBLE teams out.

cjaytch said:
Corso is such an idiot. I heard him again today going on about how USC has the best defense ever. He was contending again that USC is the best team in the country and its such a shame they wont play for the NC. All because they shut 2 HORRIBLE teams out.

I heard the same thing, cjaytch. He is way, way off about the "best defense ever" line of reasoning. He shouldn't really be saying that if he values his integrity.

CtrlAltieDel said:
Swamptick said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

That is true, Swamptick. Not everyone keeps up with the stats like some of us.

For instance, I was at a friends house today and there were a couple of couples over there that I didn't know.

They were great people and long time 'Bama fans. I asked them what they thought about 'Bama's defense and the ranking it has nationally this year.

None of them knew we were #3 in overall defense, but they all knew they were "pretty" good.

'Bama's defense is just so workman like. Plain blue jeans, regular steel toe shoes, and a nice flannel shirt type of workers.

Nothing flashy, no superstars, just rock solid from top to bottom and getting better with every game.

As you say, they don't get a lot of attention, but by God, they are doing their jobs and doing them very well.
No superstars what about Rashad hes pretty good wasnt he a walk on at one point in time?

BD91 said:
No superstars what about Rashad hes pretty good wasnt he a walk on at one point in time?

Sure, Rashad is fantastic. Still, how many people outside of the SEC would be able to identify him as a 'Bama player by name alone?

I guess I really should have phrased my comment differently. It is much easier to be a "superstar" when playing offense than when playing defense.

What I meant to express was that they all work as a team so well, each doing their job so well, that as a whole they become formidable. That being said, this defense is not full of All-Stars or All-Americans even though when taken as a whole they are simply outstanding and work together flawlessly.

Yet, Alabama's defense is rarely lauded or singled out nationally as top-tier when they are almost the best that there is this season.

Big_Fan said:
We are third, but what he meant was that given who #1 is, and who they have played, we might as well be considered #2.

Okay, I see that now, Big_Fan. I didn't interpret what he posted correctly. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom