Tips on modding a camper trailer into a concession/catering trailer?

On the wastewater tank, you're going to have to be careful where you disposed of the wastewater as well due to the grease content.
That's one of the things the county deems necessary for a commissary.

Primarily it's for acquiring fresh water, and dumping waste water. It's also where you need to keep your dry products stored. They like it to have a freezer, but I'm going to buy my meat fresh the day before an event.

You're supposed to "prep" your food there. But, most of my food will be cooked on concession site. I'll cook my cold sides at the commissary, in case someone wants a full plate. But, the bulk of my food and sides will be finger food to eat while walking to the stadium. My pork and chicken will be smoked on site, and I'll do fries as a simple side. Maybe some cheesecake bites for dessert.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

So, I'm meeting my business partner/friend (that owns the commissary I'll be using till I can own my own restaurant) and her business manager tonight, and taking them some pulled pork plates. Smoked an 8 lb butt, made homemade baked beans, potato salad, and Cole slaw. Typical BBQ sides.

Thought I'd try out a new method for pulling the pork much more quickly and easily.. But alas, no one sold what I needed here in town.

So I took this idea...
673d74319b55acb52e48bbeedf593e6a.jpg
An attachment for your drill that can shred an entire butt in about 20 seconds.

It retails for $69.95 here: http://www.porkpuller.com

And made my own out of a paint mixer drill attachment. I couldn't put as many prongs on it because of the way the "paint paddle" was made. I tapped two 1/4" holes in each end of the cross member, and attached two 3" stainless steel bolts to it. Washed and sanitized my new homemade toy, and it worked like a fukking charm, despite having only 2 prongs (as opposed to the 6 that the fabricated version had). It still pulverized that succulent whole butt into perfectly shredded strands in about 30 seconds.
dc63985066c2c100dc685a17db2a9fc3.jpg

And all the parts cost me $12 at home depot.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

Last edited:
First forgive me for getting in late and i may ask questions that are on this thread, didn't have time to look at all of them.

What kind of smoker and how big. Most guys using cook trailers are using insulated smokers, Stump's, Backwood Smokers, even Myron Mixon is selling a Stump's ripoff. These types have hardly any heat coming off them so they are mounted or secured inside and just dryer vents are hooked up for smoke ventilation. these are awesome because you aren't in the elements, (rain, cold, wind, nosy ass people).
I am gonna just assume you are using a round tank smoker, welded by a friend or bought that way. I say mount it on a trailer, which should allow for wood storage and maybe a storage box or two, depending on size of smoker. If this is your case, I say start with the camper you mentioned in the beginning. Modify it just enough to where you have ample Kitchen space and a fold up bed will come in handy at some point.

I will stay in touch now that the Football season has started and keep an eye on this thread for any more discussion, as I am sure there are more specifics to this

Back
Top Bottom