| FTBL This was a thread about Mel Tucker getting fired, and sort of still is, but it's hijacked with Russell Brand's story as well

You automatically think she’s the issue and not the dude….
This comment isn't directed towards you but allow me to use your statement to pose a thought or two.

I automatically think there are issues when the warning sirens are screaming full blast: those sirens started with "non consensual phone sex." At that point everyone should know, "this is weird."

Then we have, "she couldn't hang up the phone." So now with the sirens, we have red flags. Having been on both the receiving and giving ends, hanging up the phone was impossible? People break up with text messages instead of doing it face to face and I'm supposed to believe she couldn't hang up the phone?

I'm going to set those aside and point to other flags here.

She said she was on this call for over half of an hour. If you told me two teenage girls chatted on the phone for 36 minutes I would have no problem believing that story. If you told me two relatives, say brother and sister, talked for 36 minutes on the phone I'd hesitate, but still agree that makes sense.

For a married man to have a conversation with a lady, after midnight, for 36 minutes and I'm supposed to believe this was all about business but it turned sexual? There's another red flag.

This happened 27 other times; all phone calls over 30 minutes. 27 phone calls between a married man and this lady and I'm supposed to believe it wasn't an intimate relationship? This is starting to look like the front of the Great Hall of the People in Tiananmen Square.

She may be right. He may be right. In my view taking a position of judgment on either one right now is wrong.

Everyone lose in the end: Mel isn't likely to get another HC job for a while, and the lady won't get speaking engagements anymore. she needs those to make a living. She's the one who's likely to lose out more than he will. Assuming if what he said was true, and both were wrong, she's the one who lose the most when it comes to career and making money. Sometime it's best to cut your ties and move forward

Fault on both sides. He was in a position of power to impact her livelihood. She played along, either for career advancement or simply as a willing participant. Then there's the ugly breakup.

That being said, when you're boss, you're always wrong in these instances. Rules are very clear in most organizations about superior/subordinate relationships, consensual or not. Are individuals in authority pursued by subordinates and outside associates? Every day. You can make a moral judgement on those seeking to advance by flattery or bedding the boss, but in the end the boss has to steer clear.

That being said, when you're boss, you're always wrong in these instances. Rules are very clear in most organizations about superior/subordinate relationships, consensual or not. Are individuals in authority pursued by subordinates and outside associates? Every day. You can make a moral judgement on those seeking to advance by flattery or bedding the boss, but in the end the boss has to steer clear.
I get what you're saying though I find it a bit murky.

I read this as "since Tucker brought Tracy in to speak, she's now a subordinate." In that light, since Saban brought Sage Steele in, is she considered a subordinate as well?

Maybe I'm wrong here looking at an independent contractor differently than an employee. 🤷‍♂️

I get what you're saying though I find it a bit murky.

I read this as "since Tucker brought Tracy in to speak, she's now a subordinate." In that light, since Saban brought Sage Steele in, is she considered a subordinate as well?

Maybe I'm wrong here looking at an independent contractor differently than an employee. 🤷‍♂️
In most organizations, independent contractors (or employment agency contractors) are more vulnerable than an actual employee. He held the purse strings, and was in a position to see that she got other work within his coaching network as well.

All that being said, who in their right mind would put themselves in that position with someone who has made a career of raising and pushing for victims' rights? I do enjoy the headline in USAToday, sounds like it was a recent event referring to her as a rape victim...25 years ago. I initially thought he was trying to sweep a player indiscretion under the rug.

What a terrible look for people in this thread blaming Brenda Tracy. Pathetic really.

Unfortunately, Mel Tucker 1) cannot offer any witnesses to back up his story,

2) he's been caught in a web of lies on the key phone calling question and being at home in Michigan versus the truth of an AD sponsored football trip to Florida

3) caught in a lie on why her visit was cancelled due to the new psychologist on campus getting priority. Completely fabricated

4) attempted to discredit her entire backstory with the ESPN investigation, which has been rebuked by that reporter as never in consideration

5) refused to be interviewed for over 3 months

Being married for all of this isn't great either.

It's a horrible look for someone in charge of young men at any school

Back
Top Bottom