| FTBL This is why I dislike some fans...

I am a supporter of the free market. Something is only worth as much as someone will pay for it.

If they have the money and find a seller....hey...good for both parties. It is no skin off my nose.

I think those stadiums that enforce ticket scalping are the worst. That has to be the dumbest law on the books period. I mean if I have a old boot and somebody wants to buy it for $200 whose to tell me I cant? If somebody wants to buy something they should be able to IMO! we should lock up all used car salesmen with this theory :roll:

A couple of yrs back i had 4 sec champ tickets for sale to the Tennessee/Auburn sec championship.
An Auburn guy called me and offered 1000 dollars for the 4.
Should i have sold them at face value of 45 a piece , or should i have sold them for 1000 and took the family to disney world for christmas like i did?
I never forced anyone in any way to pay over the market value for my tickets, But im not foolish either.

I have no hard feelings towards anyone who sells their own tickets and charges enough to get their Tide Pride money back and even make some profit.
What bothers me are the people that buy up a large amount of tickets just to scalp them. Not only are they gouging people on prices, but some of them are taking up large amounts of Tide Pride spots preventing people who actually want to go to games from being able to buy season tickets.

Bama Bo said:
What bothers me are the people that buy up a large amount of tickets just to scalp them. Not only are they gouging people on prices, but some of them are taking up large amounts of Tide Pride spots preventing people who actually want to go to games from being able to buy season tickets.

Yep, you know my feelings on this issue. :x

LBS said:
Perspective please.

It is good that Americans get a break via subsidies on the things that we need like milk. It is good that we have social safety nets for baseline medical care. However, complaining about having to pay a competitive price for a ticket because you don't want to watch it on T.V. is being spoiled.

Being in the Middle East currently, I missed a night of sleep to catch a UA/UGA game that started at Midnight and ended after 3AM. (And yes I do work on Sundays) There is no PayPerView option where I am, so I'm missing sleep this Saturday night to track it on ESPN's website. I thank God for that privilege.

If any of you want to trade places, I'll pay you $300 to be able to sit on your sofa and watch the game on your T.V. Either suck it up and make the sacrifice or trade your whining and start cheering.

Where did I ever say I didn't like watching it on TV? Nowhere, that was the whole point of me making this topic was to establish that I would much rather watch it on TV or outside the stadium than pay 150+ and contribute to some greedy person making a quick dollar. I cheer quite a bit, so I don't really see where you get that last bit from either. I'm sorry, but a football game isn't worth that amount of money for me. I would much rather watch it either at home or outside on the quad than having to pay that. If that's what you consider whining, I guess I am whining. I wouldn't trade places with you for any amount of money. I didn't make that choice.

Ps - Thanks for your service. It is greatly appreciated.

Rolling Tide said:
Outlaw said:
Is it just me, or is charging $250 for a UA/UT football ticket outrageous? I hate "fans" who get FREE tickets, and then turn around and charge an outlandish amount for it. I know some people say if fans want to pay that amount, they see no problem with it, but I just disagree. Face amount of a ticket is what, $60? And for a student ticket is even less I do believe? Someone who goes to school at UA help me out here on the prices.

250? 250?!?!?!?!

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!

One thing you’re not thinking about is if they are in Tide Pride. When I was in the Crimson Tide Club section I was paying 600 per seat then had to buy tickets. I know that made my tickets at about $160 per ticket. Some of those clubs have gone up in price now so it would make it even higher. So don’t forget what Tide Pride members have to pay for tickets. It is much more than tickets. So they are not always trying to stick it to you they are just trying to recoup what it cost them for that one game.

The $250 ticket I was referring to is a student ticket. She is charging 200 for the ticket and 50 for it to be converted. I just think it is straight up robbery myself. :?

RollTideinGA said:
Rolling Tide said:
One thing you’re not thinking about is if they are in Tide Pride. When I was in the Crimson Tide Club section I was paying 600 per seat then had to buy tickets. I know that made my tickets at about $160 per ticket. Some of those clubs have gone up in price now so it would make it even higher. So don’t forget what Tide Pride members have to pay for tickets. It is much more than tickets. So they are not always trying to stick it to you they are just trying to recoup what it cost them for that one game.

I'm a Tide Prider (7th season), and on the rare occassion I have sold a ticket to the fine folks that sit around me each season or to friends. I never try to recoup the DONATION to the university. The tickets has a face value, thats what I will sell it for. Thats cheesy.

Ding ding ding!!! Thank you for not trying to capitalize on people for a profit. :)

Tider 27 said:
Playoffs?!? You wants to talk about Playoffs?!?!.....Playoffs?!?!

Glad someone got that reference. :D

LBS said:
Perspective please.

It is good that Americans get a break via subsidies on the things that we need like milk. It is good that we have social safety nets for baseline medical care. However, complaining about having to pay a competitive price for a ticket because you don't want to watch it on T.V. is being spoiled.

Being in the Middle East currently, I missed a night of sleep to catch a UA/UGA game that started at Midnight and ended after 3AM. (And yes I do work on Sundays) There is no PayPerView option where I am, so I'm missing sleep this Saturday night to track it on ESPN's website. I thank God for that privilege.

If any of you want to trade places, I'll pay you $300 to be able to sit on your sofa and watch the game on your T.V. Either suck it up and make the sacrifice or trade your whining and start cheering.

My fiance` is over there, too. He stayed up til like 3am watching the TN/Florida game, too. Luckily he didn't have to work the next day, though. They work in 12 hour shifts, so he was off for 24 hours. Anyway, thank you for serving our country over there. :)

RollTideinGA said:
Rolling Tide said:

I'm a Tide Prider (7th season), and on the rare occassion I have sold a ticket to the fine folks that sit around me each season or to friends. I never try to recoup the DONATION to the university. The tickets has a face value, thats what I will sell it for. Thats cheesy.

Yeah, I'm a Tide Prider (5th season - I think) and I always just ask for face value, too. I always try to sell them to family or friends first and then I go to outside and advertise. I've never sold them on eBay or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom