| FTBL This is why I dislike some fans...

Outlaw

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Century Club
Is it just me, or is charging $250 for a UA/UT football ticket outrageous? I hate "fans" who get FREE tickets, and then turn around and charge an outlandish amount for it. I know some people say if fans want to pay that amount, they see no problem with it, but I just disagree. Face amount of a ticket is what, $60? And for a student ticket is even less I do believe? Someone who goes to school at UA help me out here on the prices.

250? 250?!?!?!?!

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!
 

Rolltide24

Century Club
Face is like $60 and for students it is like $5. I agree because in the past i have hated paying that much. I blame a lot of it on Ebay. But it was nice getting $375 for my Georgia tickets when I couldn't go and $400 for my extra 2 FSU tickets. Its just the free enterprise system at work. I have never gotten any for free though.
 

Outlaw

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Century Club
I got my FSU ticket and two night stay at the Comfort Suite for $60.

I am getting four LSU tickets (possibly) for $300. Tide pride tickets at that.

These are the fans I like. :)

I just wish everyone were like this and weren't greedy money crazed people. :oops:
 

BigAl

Verified Member
Century Club
Thats one reason i stay at home and watch it on tv. I wont pay an outlandish price period. I'll pay face value and thats it.
 
I

imported_Doemasters

i have never sold any of my tickets but have sold some for friends on ebay and all they ask for is to get their money back which was ticket value plus the tide pride cost
 
C

CrimsonPirate

Any of you yahoos that have a couple of reasonably priced tickets you want to get rid of, lemme know. Took my grandson to the Duke game last year and A-Day this spring. He'll be 14 in 9 days and is just learning about Alabama. That's what video games will do to you. At least, he's Alabama whenever he plays NCAA 2005.
 
I

imported_Porter

It is a double edged sword. It sucks having to pay top dollar for tickets, but it is better than being being say... a barn fan, where they can't even give away their tickets.
 

Outlaw

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Century Club
CrimsonPirate said:
Any of you yahoos that have a couple of reasonably priced tickets you want to get rid of, lemme know. Took my grandson to the Duke game last year and A-Day this spring. He'll be 14 in 9 days and is just learning about Alabama. That's what video games will do to you. At least, he's Alabama whenever he plays NCAA 2005.

I might have two tickets for you. PM coming.
 

Outlaw

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Century Club
So, am I crazy to think that 250 for a student ticket is ludicrous? I could see 100, MAYBE 125 but more than that is just getting out of hand I think?
 
G

Guest

Perspective please.

It is good that Americans get a break via subsidies on the things that we need like milk. It is good that we have social safety nets for baseline medical care. However, complaining about having to pay a competitive price for a ticket because you don't want to watch it on T.V. is being spoiled.

Being in the Middle East currently, I missed a night of sleep to catch a UA/UGA game that started at Midnight and ended after 3AM. (And yes I do work on Sundays) There is no PayPerView option where I am, so I'm missing sleep this Saturday night to track it on ESPN's website. I thank God for that privilege.

If any of you want to trade places, I'll pay you $300 to be able to sit on your sofa and watch the game on your T.V. Either suck it up and make the sacrifice or trade your whining and start cheering.
 

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Century Club
LBS said:
Perspective please.

It is good that Americans get a break via subsidies on the things that we need like milk. It is good that we have social safety nets for baseline medical care. However, complaining about having to pay a competitive price for a ticket because you don't want to watch it on T.V. is being spoiled.

Being in the Middle East currently, I missed a night of sleep to catch a UA/UGA game that started at Midnight and ended after 3AM. (And yes I do work on Sundays) There is no PayPerView option where I am, so I'm missing sleep this Saturday night to track it on ESPN's website. I thank God for that privilege.

If any of you want to trade places, I'll pay you $300 to be able to sit on your sofa and watch the game on your T.V. Either suck it up and make the sacrifice or trade your whining and start cheering.

No more whinning from me... :)

Hey, thanks for serving. You make us proud!
 

Rolling Tide

Century Club
Outlaw said:
Is it just me, or is charging $250 for a UA/UT football ticket outrageous? I hate "fans" who get FREE tickets, and then turn around and charge an outlandish amount for it. I know some people say if fans want to pay that amount, they see no problem with it, but I just disagree. Face amount of a ticket is what, $60? And for a student ticket is even less I do believe? Someone who goes to school at UA help me out here on the prices.

250? 250?!?!?!?!

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!

One thing you’re not thinking about is if they are in Tide Pride. When I was in the Crimson Tide Club section I was paying 600 per seat then had to buy tickets. I know that made my tickets at about $160 per ticket. Some of those clubs have gone up in price now so it would make it even higher. So don’t forget what Tide Pride members have to pay for tickets. It is much more than tickets. So they are not always trying to stick it to you they are just trying to recoup what it cost them for that one game.
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
LBS said:
Perspective please.

It is good that Americans get a break via subsidies on the things that we need like milk. It is good that we have social safety nets for baseline medical care. However, complaining about having to pay a competitive price for a ticket because you don't want to watch it on T.V. is being spoiled.

Being in the Middle East currently, I missed a night of sleep to catch a UA/UGA game that started at Midnight and ended after 3AM. (And yes I do work on Sundays) There is no PayPerView option where I am, so I'm missing sleep this Saturday night to track it on ESPN's website. I thank God for that privilege.

If any of you want to trade places, I'll pay you $300 to be able to sit on your sofa and watch the game on your T.V. Either suck it up and make the sacrifice or trade your whining and start cheering.

My cable was out for the Arkansas game. With Knology, when the cable is out, so is the phone, 'net, etc. I ended up taking my laptop outside and finding an unsecured wireless connection.

My point is this...I watched/read the game on rolltide.com via their live stats link. It beat the hell out of ESPN.

That being said, I suppose you have 360? Is it worth it?
 

RollTideinGA

Proud Bama Grad
Century Club
Rolling Tide said:
One thing you’re not thinking about is if they are in Tide Pride. When I was in the Crimson Tide Club section I was paying 600 per seat then had to buy tickets. I know that made my tickets at about $160 per ticket. Some of those clubs have gone up in price now so it would make it even higher. So don’t forget what Tide Pride members have to pay for tickets. It is much more than tickets. So they are not always trying to stick it to you they are just trying to recoup what it cost them for that one game.

I'm a Tide Prider (7th season), and on the rare occassion I have sold a ticket to the fine folks that sit around me each season or to friends. I never try to recoup the DONATION to the university. The tickets has a face value, thats what I will sell it for. Thats cheesy.
 

Shire5k

Verified Member
Registered
Capitalism is capitalism. Don't blame just the people who sell the tickets at those prices; blame the people who buy them at those prices to keep them at those prices too.
 
Top Bottom