| FTBL This is gonna sound bad, but I cant help it...

djngl1

Verified Member
I know I'm supposed to pull for the SEC when they play out of conf, but I am sitting here pulling for UCLA hard. I think I would pull for RUSSIA before I could pull for Tennessee. Maybe Im to old school...

Porter said:
Who in hades said you were supposed to pull for the SEC?

Exactly. I can't think of a single fanbase that EVER roots for 'Bama. I say do unto others as they do unto us and wish disaster on all SEC teams.

Any other SEC team would be beating UCLA 35-0 at halftime. Watching both of these offensive lines collapse makes you realize how great ours is.

Pulling for the SEC is for hardcore kids on the internetz debating Ohio St. and USC guys (assuming our conference is still strong). I will never, ever pull for Auburn or Tennessee.

Ever.

CtrlAltieDel said:
Porter said:
Who in hades said you were supposed to pull for the SEC?

Exactly. I can't think of a single fanbase that EVER roots for 'Bama. I say do unto others as they do unto us and wish disaster on all SEC teams.
I know some now never had pull for Bama!! In conf or out

djngl1 said:
I know I'm supposed to pull for the SEC when they play out of conf, but I am sitting here pulling for UCLA hard. I think I would pull for RUSSIA before I could pull for Tennessee. Maybe Im to old school...

And when you say, RUSSIA, I interpret that as the old USSR.

And I agree completely. :lol:

Eh, comrad! :D

We need the SEC teams to win and have good years. That way if you lose one or two games in conf. you can still play for a NC. Unlike the Barn in their undeafted season when the SEC had a down year IMOP. But it is hard to pull for the Barn and the VOLS that way I had to get drunk to watch this Game.

Starting Thursday , I found myself hoping the SEC would rout week one, but at about 7:01 I thought "What tha????" , and was a Bruin man all night long. Hate me if u want to.

I'm happy to see that this whole "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant hasn't made us all soft.

I'm all for having conference pride but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter that we "want" the SEC to be strong. The facts are plain and simple.

1. The SEC generates more revenue than any other conference.
2. SEC schools spend more money than any other conference.
3. SEC schools care more about football than any other conference.

Therefore the SEC will always be strong enough for our champion to be in the running for the national championship game.

So don't feel bad for cheering on Southern Miss.

TigerBait3 said:
Pulling for the SEC is for hardcore kids on the internetz debating Ohio St. and USC guys (assuming our conference is still strong). I will never, ever pull for Auburn or Tennessee.

Ever.
The fact they allowed you to develop the purple and gold fetish aside, your parents did do something right!

In all the years I have been watching college football I have only pulled for Tennessee once and for Notre Dame once. In both cases it was versus Jimmy Johnson's Thug U at Miami. When UT plays the barn I pull for space aliens to abduct both teams and their fan base.

i was actually pulling for tennessee to win, but by accident or something... you know... win but look bad doing it.

i left after halftime and thought "tennessee is bigger and more physical. all they have to do is run the ball right at them and they'll win easily."

i get on this morning to check the board and to my surprise, they farted away an easy win by trying to pass the ball with a newbie QB. what a big orange lump of stool their coaching staff is!!!

I've actively pulled for Tennessee twice.

The first time was at the '85 UT-aubrun game in Knoxville. The girl I dated was an aubrun person, and we sat in the last row of visitors' seats in the end zone. Behind me was a guy in complete orange, including overalls. UT jumped out to a 7-0 lead and I sat on my hands. The lead went to 14-0 and I yelped a bit, but cowered from my lovely's caustic stare. When it hit 21-0 I was dealing high fives over her head with the orange overalls guy. Tennessee ended up winning 38-20. It was a long weekend.

The second time, I was hiking through the Smokies in 1991, and the only game we could pick up was the UT-Notre Dame game. Tennessee ended up winning in exciting fashion, and their excellent play-by-play guy John Ward made it difficult to not get into the game.

RTR,

Tim

TigerBait3 said:

Ever.

Ditto.

Back
Top Bottom