| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC The Walking Dead (Season 9 Premiers Sunday Oct 7)

Terrible finale. Good episode overall, but they really ruined what should've been an awesome beatdown. It would have been a MUCH better cliffhanger to show how brutal Negan really is (finishing the killing with a "Ta-ta!") and to allow the victim to have a legit death. Instead, we will get 2 seconds to "mourn" when we find out who it really is during the next season premiere. Cheesy shit. Not a fan.

JDM is fantastic, though. But I felt they did a disservice to his character by not finishing the scene ..

Just like the rest of the season, questionable choices about where to cut things caused what should have been a great episode to be messed up by the ending.

If they wanted to cliffhang us they should have stopped it either right as he showed up or when he hit "are it" and pointed Lucille. Once again they messed up a perfect place to put a cliff (Carl's "Dad?" moment happened in the midseason premier instead of the midseason finale) and tried to force something (dumpster anyone?).

Just like the rest of the season, questionable choices about where to cut things caused what should have been a great episode to be messed up by the ending.

If they wanted to cliffhang us they should have stopped it either right as he showed up or when he hit "are it" and pointed Lucille. Once again they messed up a perfect place to put a cliff (Carl's "Dad?" moment happened in the midseason premier instead of the midseason finale) and tried to force something (dumpster anyone?).

homer-jump-shark.jpg

We will see he full scene in 7.1

If we were to write the plot synopsis for some TWD fan site the main theme would be the confidence—arrogance as it ends up—of the group versus the numbers/strengths of Negan's group. The death is more of a subplot. It does make S7E1 one of those episodes that's going to have to rock: fan base will expect such. The thing is, they've pretty much done that every time it was needed through seven seasons.

I suspect we'll sit back a few months from now and see how it makes sense.

BTW, on that last link (not that it really means anything) the idea it's Michonne doesn't ring true with the print publications, does it?

If we were to write the plot synopsis for some TWD fan site the main theme would be the confidence—arrogance as it ends up—of the group versus the numbers/strengths of Negan's group. The death is more of a subplot. It does make S7E1 one of those episodes that's going to have to rock: fan base will expect such. The thing is, they've pretty much done that every time it was needed through seven seasons.

I suspect we'll sit back a few months from now and see how it makes sense.

BTW, on that last link (not that it really means anything) the idea it's Michonne doesn't ring true with the print publications, does it?
With that link the same theory could apply to Glenn. This Link makes it pretty clear to me its Glenn The Walking Dead: 10 Reasons We're Really Starting to Think Glenn's Dead

Back
Top Bottom