| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC The Walking Dead (Season 9 Premiers Sunday Oct 7)

Glenn and Abraham are the most likely to die. And not one or the other but both. Neither has been seen on set since the first couple of weeks of filming for this season and spies on set have said they both died in filming the scene.

Later this month, AMC is going to be pulling in record ratings when the Season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead airs. The much-anticipated return will finally answer the horrifying cliffhanger from last season’s finale. The series will definitely return with plenty of action-packed gore, so it’s no surprise to hear the premiere will have a longer runtime than regular episodes.

AMC has updated their site and revealed their television schedule for October 23. The network will be having an all-day marathon of The Walking Dead leading up to the premiere which airs at 9:00 p.m. ET. The episode will end and be replaced by Talking Deadat 10:06 p.m. ET, indicating an additional six minutes will be included to the premiere.

Of course, fans already have their own theories about the extended runtime. Many believe the additional minutes are meant for advertisements; After all, the return of The Walking Dead will rake in millions of viewers, and AMC could make millions off commercials alone. There are fans who also believe the extra runtime is because of flashbacks from last season’s finale.

However, other viewers are speculating the longer time slot was created to honor whoever dies in the premiere. Last season, The Walking Dead ended on a cliffhanger which promised fans one of Rick Grimes’ comrades was about to die by Negan’s bat. There’s little doubt that one of the show’s fan-favorite characters will die later this month, so The Walking Dead may opt to memorialize the mysterious victim in an mid- or after-credit scene.

At New York Comic Con, fans were shown an exciting teaser from the Season 7 premiere. AMC debuted a clip that shows Negan and Rick speaking to one another after the villain bludgeons someone to death. The gory remains of someone is shown towards the clip’s end as Negan drags Rick into an RV to possibly cut his hand off. The leader originally lost his hand in the comics because of The Governor, and actor Andrew Lincoln has admitted he’d like the show to stay faithful to the comics in that regard.

screen-shot-2016-10-09-at-4-03-49-pm-204400.png

The Walking Dead also showed up to the convention with alums and cast in tow. ComicBook.com spoke to several actors such as Chad Coleman about the shocking cliffhanger from last season and asked who they thought Negan killed. Coleman said he believed the baddie may have offed more than one person and that he thinks Steven Yeun’s Glenn might be a victim.

“I think there’s one more surprise person,” Coleman said. “I think for the first time they’re going to kill two major characters in one episode.” Others have been other episodes which contain a few big deaths. A few years ago, the show killed off both Lori and T-Dog in “Killer Within.”

If you want to catch-up on all the NYCC updates about The Walking Dead, then you can head over to our recap of the event’s biggest reveals.

The Walking Dead returns for its seventh season on October 23 at 9 p.m. ET on AMC.

Don't click unless you want to be spoiled completely because I have this info on good authority. Note that they did film several death scenes (not one for everyone) and some have leaked.

Abe gets the bat, then Negan taunts Rosita. Daryl tries to attack Negan and he decides that there has to be more death so he kills Glenn and takes Daryl prisoner. But I don't think you see any of that for about 20 minutes as they are going to go almost directly to the scene that you saw in the recent 3 minute preview. And a lot of this episode will be Negan breaking Rick down and getting him in line with the new world Rick is going to have to live in

Don't click unless you want to be spoiled completely because I have this info on good authority. Note that they did film several death scenes (not one for everyone) and some have leaked.

Abe gets the bat, then Negan taunts Rosita. Daryl tries to attack Negan and he decides that there has to be more death so he kills Glenn and takes Daryl prisoner. But I don't think you see any of that for about 20 minutes as they are going to go almost directly to the scene that you saw in the recent 3 minute preview. And a lot of this episode will be Negan breaking Rick down and getting him in line with the new world Rick is going to have to live in

Damn.

Nailed it.

Eager to know where you got that info.

The Spoiling Dead Fans is almost always dead on. Between their inside spies and folks who do little other than keep track of where and who is filming each week, they usually know the general idea of what is going on almost as it is filmed and usually have details a few days before the episode airs. Some folks hate that but generally I like spoilers as they can actually get me more interested in watching than not. Without them I probably would have not been wanting to even see this episode as the cliffhanger pissed me off.

Being a comic reader I was thrilled with this episode after Negan went "back to it". They actually put so much comic goodness in this one. I have not decided yet whether I am upset or not that Maggie did not punch Rick.

Episode 2 was a setup episode. Three will be one also but in Sanctuary. Get to see Daryl in his prisoner garb and probably some stuff about Dwight and how he got the burn on his face. I honestly expect only maybe 2 more active episodes in the first half. Lots of setup to get to the point where they will need to be in the second half.

Yikes. Lowest episode rating since 2010 (Season 1). Have not watched yet, but the series has definitely gotten long on the tooth.

The premiere episode was seen by 6.1 million viewers — down 47 percent from last fall’s season 8 return, which was seen by more than 11 million people. Among adults 18-49, the show was down 51 percent.

Back
Top Bottom