| FTBL The rumor lists

G

I know we all saw varying versions of hwo was leaving or being kicked off the team in the period leading up to the bowl game. For those of you who would know, were there any of last season's players with eligibility remaining who did not enroll in the spring semester?

psychojoe said:
I know we all saw varying versions of hwo was leaving or being kicked off the team in the period leading up to the bowl game. For those of you who would know, were there any of last season's players with eligibility remaining who did not enroll in the spring semester?

Not that I'm aware of, but being removed from athletic scholarship doesn't mean they will be removed from academic scholarship. It might be after spring practice before the numbers begin to dwindle a little though, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks, Porter. There were a couple on the lists that I saw whom I suspect might be ruled out on a medical basis and would be continued on academic scholarship, but the stories that were going around seem to be BS as far as a large number of malcontents being given the heave-ho.

psychojoe said:
Thanks, Porter. There were a couple on the lists that I saw whom I suspect might be ruled out on a medical basis and would be continued on academic scholarship, but the stories that were going around seem to be BS as far as a large number of malcontents being given the heave-ho.

I forget the exact number, but BAMA will be about 10-12 scholarships over the limit come fall at this point, so something has to give sooner or later... However, we are not just going to see a bunch of guys culled from the team and sent packing without some options with regard continuing their education at UA (free of charge). Obviously, the door will be open for any of them to transfer to another school to continue their career as well, if they so choose.

Porterhouse said:
psychojoe said:

I forget the exact number, but BAMA will be about 10-12 scholarships over the limit come fall at this point, so something has to give sooner or later... However, we are not just going to see a bunch of guys culled from the team and sent packing without some options with regard continuing their education at UA (free of charge). Obviously, the door will be open for any of them to transfer to another school to continue their career as well, if they so choose.

Here's what I have...someone else can count it! :lol: By my count, we've got 16 available next season...a few question marks may give us 20.

* Seniors
Qb-
On- Scholarship
1. John Parker Wilson
2. Greg McElroy
3. Nick Fanuzzi

Off-Scholarship
James Denton

RB-
On-Scholarship
4. Glen Coffee
5. Demetrius Goode
6. Terry Grant
7. Jeramie Griffen
8. Baron Huber
9. Roy Upchurch

Off-Scholarship
Josh Frenchko
Patrick Hanrahan
Jacob Vane

WR-
On-Scholarship
10. Earl Alexander
Keith Brown*
Matt Caddell*
11. Brandon Gibson
DJ Hall*
12. Darius Hanks
13. Jake Jones (I'm thinking he's on medical)
14. Marquis Maze
15. Mike McCoy
16. Will Oakley
17. Travis Sikes
18. Nikita Stover

Off-Scholarship
Aaron McDaniel
Cliff Murphy
Chris Pugh
Reyn Willis

TE-
On-Scholarship