| FTBL The Punt

• Thread starter imported_RollTideRandy
  • Start date

What About the Punt on 4th and 10 with 2 and a half minutes left?

• Wrong Call

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard to say since I know the outcome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"So you would have us drop back and pass on a day when JPW was completing less than 50% of his passes and every time he dropped back he had a defender in his face immediately??????? This tells me alot about you...."

Here were the stats at this point in the game. Darby 7 carries for 0 yards.(the 0 isnt a misprint) Wilson 7 for 16, sacked 0,hurried 3. So 3 outta 16 is "everytime" I guess.

"Well at least when Darby ran the ball he didn't have the chance at losing 8 yards or throwing an interception right before half."

classic point :lol:

" You don't have a valid point. You say that the only good calls are the ones that work?? "

Ive already addressed this above. nice :roll:

" You say that we should throw when we can barely get the snap back to the quarterback before he has someone in his face??"

3 hurries 0 sacks

"Furthermore....

DON'T YOU THINK THAT IF SHULA WAS PLAYING FOR THE FIELD GOAL HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN THE BALL TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD AS HE HAS DONE IN ALL OF THE GAMES BEFORE THIS ONE WHEN HE WANTED TO KICK??? "

Im not sure why he didnt just kick it on third down. Its clear he was playing for FG. Why not kick on third in case of a bad snap? (this is somewhat tongue in cheek)

Now what have you proven here? That we almost made it?

The one thing nobody is looking at is the conservative play call to kick the FG on 4th and goal on about the 3...... Do the math, If we would have scored a TD there instead of a FG we would've won the game.

CrimsonGoat said:
The one thing nobody is looking at is the conservative play call to kick the FG on 4th and goal on about the 3...... Do the math, If we would have scored a TD there instead of a FG we would've won the game.

I have heard plenty of people talking about this play. As a matter of fact, I referred to it in this very thread.

DirtyDave said:
CrimsonGoat said:

I have heard plenty of people talking about this play. As a matter of fact, I referred to it in this very thread.

Heres something we agree on. I havent seen anything in this thread about that call. :shock:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Heres something we agree on. I havent seen anything in this thread about that call.

DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
So a draw play on 3rd and goal from the 7 is a good call in your opin? Tells me a lot. :shock:

The best thing to do in that situation is not be predictable. What would you have ran. The big side of the field was on the right side. Everyone knows this is our weakest side. The defense was caught completely off guard and Darby got the ball to the one yard line.

Listen closely....

THE ABSOLUTE BEST TIME TO RUN A DRAW PLAY IS IN OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATIONS WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THAT WAS!!!

There was no guarantee that the line could even keep JPW upright, so Shula made an outstanding call there considering the alternatives. Now, if he would have only backed that up with the stones to go for the touchdown we would have been better off.

Back
Top Bottom