| FTBL The Punt

• Thread starter imported_RollTideRandy
  • Start date

What About the Punt on 4th and 10 with 2 and a half minutes left?

• Wrong Call

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard to say since I know the outcome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lenny Kozlowski said:
If we had scored, I would have said sorry arse call but Ill take it. :D
We didnt score so your point is moot.

Oh, come on. The way every possible angle is second guessed around here, and you want to say the point is moot?

This board has proven itself to be moot-free... :D

It Takes Eleven said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
If we had scored, I would have said sorry arse call but Ill take it. :D
We didnt score so your point is moot.

Oh, come on. The way every possible angle is second guessed around here, and you want to say the point is moot?

This board has proven itself to be moot-free... :D

agreed. good point :D

The draw plays WERE good calls. We ran the draw on 3rd and medium twice and came up just short both times. Not going for it on 4th and short were the bad calls. I thought we should have went to the draw on third a medium a little more often. I was thinking we’d get the one extra yard eventually.

You just can't limit yourself to the position of the field and down marker in making a decision concerning plays. You have to evaluate what the defense is doing, what they typically do in these situations, and how they respond to certain formation/plays in certain situations. I would have to say that shula did his homework and knew what play to call and the kids missed it by 36 inches. Does not mean it was a bad call. There are so many variables that go into play calling and some of us think we know more than a college coach? Give me a break. :lol:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
I dont mind a draw in the middle of the field but not at the goal line. Its just too crowded down there.

So you would have us drop back and pass on a day when JPW was completing less than 50% of his passes and every time he dropped back he had a defender in his face immediately??????? This tells me alot about you....

Actually it only confirms what every single post you have ever made on this board told me about you... :roll:

DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
I dont mind a draw in the middle of the field but not at the goal line. Its just too crowded down there.

So you would have us drop back and pass on a day when JPW was completing less than 50% of his passes and every time he dropped back he had a defender in his face immediately??????? This tells me alot about you....

Actually it only confirms what every single post you have ever made on this board told me about you... :roll:

WHo had the better stats Darby rushing or JP throwing? NIce point. :roll:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Well at least when Darby ran the ball he didn't have the chance at losing 8 yards or throwing an interception right before half. You don't have a valid point. You say that the only good calls are the ones that work?? You say that we should throw when we can barely get the snap back to the quarterback before he has someone in his face?? You say that Shula was playing for the field goal before 4th down when Shula was clearly torn as to whether or not he wanted the field goal??

Furthermore....

DON'T YOU THINK THAT IF SHULA WAS PLAYING FOR THE FIELD GOAL HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN THE BALL TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD AS HE HAS DONE IN ALL OF THE GAMES BEFORE THIS ONE WHEN HE WANTED TO KICK???

You doom and gloomers could have some valid points if you weren't so friggin' ignorant.

DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Well at least when Darby ran the ball he didn't have the chance at losing 8 yards or throwing an interception right before half. You don't have a valid point. You say that the only good calls are the ones that work?? You say that we should throw when we can barely get the snap back to the quarterback before he has someone in his face?? You say that Shula was playing for the field goal before 4th down when Shula was clearly torn as to whether or not he wanted the field goal??

Furthermore....

DON'T YOU THINK THAT IF SHULA WAS PLAYING FOR THE FIELD GOAL HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN THE BALL TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD AS HE HAS DONE IN ALL OF THE GAMES BEFORE THIS ONE WHEN HE WANTED TO KICK???

You doom and gloomers could have some valid points if you weren't so friggin' ignorant.

I give up. You must have played in the band.

:roll:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Furthermore....

That was a great and witty comeback... :roll: How long did it take you to come up with that?? Is this the limit of your debate tactics?? After someone has proven how wrong you are, you attack them personally??

I have never played in the band. I have never picked up any instrument of any kind. However, I have some great friends that HAVE done so. Furthermore, there are some great members of this site that currently either play in their high school band or in the Million Dollar Band. I hold these people in much higher regard than I hold someone like yourself. You WISH you could have done something as important as play in the band.

Also, I don't have any idea what in the blue hell your reply is supposed to mean. All I know is that it was meant to be an insult.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
My apoligies to the band memebers. Bad idea my me.

I refute your idiotic post a bit later.

You can't refute my post. If my post WAS idiotic it would still be 3 steps above your reading level. Therefore, you still would be unable to dispute anything I said in it.

DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
My apoligies to the band memebers. Bad idea my me.

I refute your idiotic post a bit later.

You can't refute my post. If my post WAS idiotic it would still be 3 steps above your reading level. Therefore, you still would be unable to dispute anything I said in it.

fighting-kittens.jpg

If the staff has said it once this week we've said it 30 times. Everyone here has the right to post their opinions and there is no right or wrong opinion. If we cannot agree then agree to disagree and move on.

Do not attempt to demean another poster on these forums.

Some of you have been given a lot of leeway but our patience is really starting to run short. :evil: We're not going to keep posting on this.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
DirtyDave said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Furthermore....

I was in the band. And, while you sweaty, dirty football players were riding home on the team bus, I was on the band bus in a seat in the back in the corner in the dark...with a majorette. :D

And, yes . . . I know football.

I didn't like the punt because it was almost saying that Shula had no faith in his O players(although his play calling is what no one has faith in). I think that if we would have converted on that 4th down we would've won the game.

CrimsonGoat said:
I didn't like the punt because it was almost saying that Shula had no faith in his O players(although his play calling is what no one has faith in). I think that if we would have converted on that 4th down we would've won the game.

This is my point exactly. If this and if that, if Chris Capps could block we would have won the game. If Darby could have gotten that draw into the end zone we would have won the game. If the defense would have held UT out of the end zone we would have won the game. If Simeon would have scored on the run back we would have won the game. If Shula would have not punted on 4th and 10 we would have won the game.

We win as a team and lose as a team. Anyone that says different couldn't have ever played a team sport.

I am not saying that Shula doesn't deserve some of the blame, but I don't think you can put it ALL on his shoulders.

DirtyDave said:
CrimsonGoat said:

This is my point exactly. If this and if that, if Chris Capps could block we would have won the game. If Darby could have gotten that draw into the end zone we would have won the game. If the defense would have held UT out of the end zone we would have won the game. If Simeon would have scored on the run back we would have won the game. If Shula would have not punted on 4th and 10 we would have won the game.

We win as a team and lose as a team. Anyone that says different couldn't have ever played a team sport.

I am not saying that Shula doesn't deserve some of the blame, but I don't think you can put it ALL on his shoulders.

Good point Dave. I sometimes wonder how many people understand the way that a team where you depend on one another actually works.

Back
Top Bottom