| LIFE The POTUS race: The RNC convention.

We’re taking a river cruise to see the Christmas Markets in Switzerland, France, Germany and Holland this December.
Good for y’all! That sounds like a fun trip. Let us know how it goes.
and we haven’t turned on SS yet).
The reason I did, and I don’t remember the age I did, our financial advisor told me “if you start now, you’ll draw all you paid in by the time you’re 78. After that you’ll be drawing on them.”
I’m doing my best to live till at least 79, hopefully longer!

The reason I did, and I don’t remember the age I did, our financial advisor told me “if you start now, you’ll draw all you paid in by the time you’re 78. After that you’ll be drawing on them.”
Things are just, weird.

I just changed the burial policy for Mom. In a nutshell, it boils down to the program the gov and CVS are running right now. I was looking at the current policy a few weeks ago and realized it was good enough, IF I could find a way to get a body to Nashville or Birmingham. Fine print. This is a 40+ year policy.

Now, they are going to give me 3K this month. Literally, this is the quote. "You won't have to pay anything if she passes within the next 44.3 months."

I'm taking the 3K. I don't know where, or how, I'm going to invest it. BUT, it's a payment plan of around $68 a month...so, essentially, it's 3K with no interest. No taxes. Policy to boot.

What are the temps going to be like?
I’m expecting cold. I lived in Germany as a kid (Pirmasens and Heidelberg - military family) and it got cold but no worse than the US. Just more likely to have snow. The cruise starts in Basel, Switzerland and ends in Amsterdam, Holland. Cruise starts on December 14 and we disembark on December 21 and then two days in Amsterdam flying back on December 23. The bad part is I could miss a playoff game or two. Anybody want/need tickets?

Good for y’all! That sounds like a fun trip. Let us know how it goes.

Our advisors recommended we wait to limit our overall income for tax purposes. Good news is the checks will be bigger. Bad news is just the wait.

Our advisors recommended we wait to limit our overall income for tax purposes. Good news is the checks will be bigger. Bad news is just the wait.
From my standpoint, I can reduce 401k distributions to offset any Social Security income. A consultant I used to perform a retirement readiness review last year recommended taking SS at 62 given that by reducing 401k distributions you had the potential to earn more a higher 401k balance. Also, his calculations have the benefit of taking at 67 crossing with 62 around age 80.

From my standpoint, I can reduce 401k distributions to offset any Social Security income. A consultant I used to perform a retirement readiness review last year recommended taking SS at 62 given that by reducing 401k distributions you had the potential to earn more a higher 401k balance. Also, his calculations have the benefit of taking at 67 crossing with 62 around age 80.
That’s the continual debate - take SS as soon as possible and get more checks over time or wait and get a bigger check for fewer years. I’m betting on a longer lifespan (if my wife doesn’t kill me).

Dayuuum, Trump will be ahead after the 2nd hole. :p
Three things that piss me off on a golf course. #1 is someone telling me they carry a 6, and it ends up being a 28. I've "ditched" groups for that and went back to the first tee. I know, a little petty. But, if I'm on the green in two, and you are hitting 6 and you're still not on the green...yeah, "I'm outta here." You could have told me in the first place and I'd wait; even help.

Three things that piss me off on a golf course. #1 is someone telling me they carry a 6, and it ends up being a 28. I've "ditched" groups for that and went back to the first tee. I know, a little petty. But, if I'm on the green in two, and you are hitting 6 and you're still not on the green...yeah, "I'm outta here." You could have told me in the first place and I'd wait; even help.
If we ever happen to play together, I'll definitely tell you, I carry a cooler full of beer. 😁

If we ever happen to play together, I'll definitely tell you, I carry a cooler full of beer. 😁
That's cool. I don't care.

As strangely as this may stroke strike you, I don't drink beer when I'm golfing. The earliest is #17 depending on #18. It's just me. I don't like beer and golf.

Now...am I going to take bowl and a gram of weed with me for 18? No. No freakin' way. That's too much...don't need that much. I made a comment at @UAgrad93 the other day about his golf swing. I said, in essence, without seeing you swing I'll bet it's like a baseball swing.

That's an analogy...because, golfing and smoking with me? Three hits, and you are out

Back
Top Bottom