| FTBL The play that wasn't

Argo

Of course everyone was pissed that it was 3rd and short and we fumbled the ball, but had Ingram(I believe) held onto that pitch, he had the end and probably would have scored. The receivers, led by Julio, were driving the defenders 5 yards off the ball on the end.

I know it's a what if, but it was dang near a huge play.

Argo said:
Of course everyone was pissed that it was 3rd and short and we fumbled the ball, but had Ingram(I believe) held onto that pitch, he had the end and probably would have scored. The receivers, led by Julio, were driving the defenders 5 yards off the ball on the end.

I know it's a what it, but it was dang near a huge play.

Yep, it looked like we were gonna have that corner of LSU's defensive line sealed off really well had the run materialized.

I liked the call, myself.

LSU played our run tough after the first series. We had no choice but to go to the short pass. In the fourth quarter after completing a few nice shorties, LSU dropped an extra guy or two back into coverage and that's when Coffee started gaining chunks of yardage.

reger60 said:
LSU played our run tough after the first series. We had no choice but to go to the short pass. In the fourth quarter after completing a few nice shorties, LSU dropped an extra guy or two back into coverage and that's when Coffee started gaining chunks of yardage.

LSU played our run tough after the first series and up until the third quarter because from some reason we decided not to run off left tackle. In fact, we may have only run the ball 7 more times after that first drive, that was until we decided in the second half to go back to what we were having some success with.

LSU did a terrific job clogging up the middle and right side. We played into what LSU wanted us to do when they decided to load the box. I really feel like we should have used the TE even more than we did.

Back
Top Bottom