| FTBL The Pac-12 - “Let everyone know. We back up…”

Agree with UNLV and Wyoming. In no particular order to add a few more:
Nevada
North Dakota St/ North Dakota
South Dakota St/ South Dakota
New Mexico St/ New Mexico
Idaho

At least they have options now. Not great ones but options.

Agree with UNLV and Wyoming. In no particular order to add a few more:
Nevada
North Dakota St/ North Dakota
South Dakota St/ South Dakota
New Mexico St/ New Mexico
Idaho

At least they have options now. Not great ones but options.

Would be nice if they could get Cal and Stanford back... Utah State, Air Force, Nevada, New Mexico would be fine... I just really like conferences to have regional teams even though that dinosaur is dead.

Would be nice if they could get Cal and Stanford back... Utah State, Air Force, Nevada, New Mexico would be fine... I just really like conferences to have regional teams even though that dinosaur is dead.

I'll be shocked if those Big 10/12 jumpers stay for very long because the travel time & it's affects on all parties involved will take it's toll. Eventually, the impact on the student athletes will run its course. And it will be an extremely costly recruiting disadvantage.

It's sexy to travel across country right now. It won't be. It's just a matter of time.

I'll be shocked if those Big 10/12 jumpers stay for very long because the travel time & it's affects on all parties involved will take it's toll. Eventually, the impact on the student athletes will run its course. And it will be an extremely costly recruiting disadvantage.

It's sexy to travel across country right now. It won't be. It's just a matter of time.

It's really hard to imagine that they will be able to do it without cutting multiple programs at some point... Even a school like auburn with SEC money was bussing their football players in some cases instead of flying them (under Greene's watch) because they needed to pinch the pennies. Some of those sports-hating academic watch hawks in high places at Cal and Stanford are going to flip their shit when they see the overall travel expenses for the athletic department in a few months...

Fans like to follow their teams. This crap has made it impossible....money over fans.
West va in big ? 12. Really
USCw UCLA in big ? 10. Really
On n on.

It's really hard to imagine that they will be able to do it without cutting multiple programs at some point... Even a school like auburn with SEC money was bussing their football players in some cases instead of flying them (under Greene's watch) because they needed to pinch the pennies. Some of those sports-hating academic watch hawks in high places at Cal and Stanford are going to flip their shit when they see the overall travel expenses for the athletic department in a few months...
Brandon. That interesting. You know. I would rather ride in a nice big roomy coach than fly...
Sometimes
Ttown to Knoxville. Say. 4/5 hours in a nice comfortable coach. Than on and off plane.
Where they bus to Birmingham. On plane. Off plane Bus to hotel...
Hell. Your half way ( almost) to knoxville.
...maybe not....

The pack whatever is going to be relegated to a group of five conference unless they manage to bring back teams that left, but I don’t see that happening. I think I saw it mentioned in several of the threads above talking about the travel expenses and how over time the schools will not be able to afford Expenses, I know this is a little off-topic, but I think we are going to see in our lifetime college football completely breakaway from the NCAA more conference reassignment and end up being set up like a NFL AAA program of sorts.

I’m not sure how much the NCAA plays in negotiation of contracts with television money and all of that maybe nothing at all, but as popular as the sport is and as much money as they can rake in for football, I just really feel like massive changes still on the horizon

That would be interesting if Cal and Stanford reversed course after just one season and went back to the Pac-12. Although, I'm sure the ACC would fight tooth and nail to prevent 2 of it's 3 new members from bolting. It's strange though. Teams on the West Coast, members of the Atlantic Coast Conference. There is just something kind of bonkers about a team from Blacksburg, Virginia playing in Palo Alto, Ca. in a regular season conference game

Back
Top Bottom