| PRO The NFL is expected to look into banning the “tush-push” QB sneak method this off-season, per FOX NFL Rules Analyst Dean Blandino.

I am an older fan, from back when it was illegal to push a QB on a sneak. From back before they wussified the game. So, sorry bro, nothing stupid with wanting a runner to run the ball and not get pushed by someone else because he's not strong enough.
Curious. How do you differentiate linebackers pushing linemen on defense in short yardage situations?

I see a circular argument here. The play was outlawed because they feared injury on a power football play but that rule was before "they wussified the game?" IF they're outlawing power, is that not a part of that wussification?

The way this is being framed is one of the biggest problems from my perspective. “It is just not a skillful play?” Football isn't just about skill.

I saw one person point to injuries as a reason to change the rule citing the risk of guards and centers being injured. To prove this they're pointing to QB's being injured (McHomes as one.)

What's striking to me is this has been legal for over 15 years but it wasn't until the Eagles had success in the Super Bowl that anyone starting talking about it again.

I get the arguments against it, but I find them rather uninspiring. It's a tactic. It is legal for two (or more) offensive players to engage with one defensive player to block or move him out of the way. Are we to say that is illegal now because it is unfair that two can use their strength against one?

I went and watched Jalen's superbowl highlights. His first QB sneak for a touchdown was a good OL push with backfield blockers not engaging or assisting until he had already crossed the goal line. Good line surge, and a physical push by the QB. The ones I can see not allowing - in college or pros - are when the RBs are essentially crowdsurfing on the OL and are not contributing to the forward gain.

Back
Top Bottom